1923 Dodge Sedan on Ebay

Guest oldodgeboys

Could it be a propane system?

Even stranger would be to run the engine on compressed air. Run the engine backwards and it should work.

With the rear top section off, could a propane tank or air tank have been placed there?

Gus

Maybe an early attempt at a heater. Imagine the pipe going all of the way through the block and connecting to the manifold on the other side thus blowing hot air onto the driver's feet....

• 2 weeks later...

the car is being dismantled for parts. the wood wheels are poor, the frame is bent at the front. the bumpers have been sold . good guages, tail light, rear fenders, gas tank, engine turns over. the rest of the body and sheet metal is very rough and will be kept unless some one really wants it.

call Craig 650 393-9361 San Francisco bay area

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone

I bought the front and rear bumpers off this Dodge and had them sent to Australia.

The front bumper is complete and not a problem but the the guy did not send me the brackets to attach the rear bumper to the chassis.

Can anyone send me some photos or literature to help me make some rear brackets. The bumper brand is stamped Lyon Vanguard Bumper.

I am also still looking at making a towing hitch so any info on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks

John

• 3 years later...

I think Kaiser is right on the pipe thing....I've seen early Dodges w/ floor heaters for the back seat area....I think they were called manifold heaters.....I guess they eventually figured out any leaks may cause carbon monoxide poisoning and so they were discontinued.....one could get an aftermarket hot water heater in the late 20's.....don't know when they became standard equipment.