Reatta Stuff on Ebay

Guest mounthopewalt

Guest mounthopewalt

Alot of the Ebay items for the Reatta are not OEM.

Many of us are trying to keep our car original.

Who is buying the Reatta fire extinguishers, LEDs, mats, fuel savers, etc. on Ebay?

Most of this stuff can be purchased at a local store. It makes no sense to pay shipping. Don't the sellers pay a fee if the item is not sold? I don't get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mounthopewalt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Who is buying the Reatta fire extinguishers, LEDs, mats, fuel savers, etc. on Ebay?

</div></div>

The same people who buy the Reatta staplers, Reatta lighters and goofy Reatta dash signs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of this stuff can be purchased at a local store. </div></div>You must live in a really large city if you have a local store that stocks Reatta mats, extinguishers and other items with the Reatta logo.

I live in a small town and when I'm driving my Reatta I'm asked all the time, "<span style="font-style: italic">What kind of car is that?</span>". No one has ever asked, "<span style="font-style: italic">Have you saw those new Reatta floor mats at the Walmart?</span>".

If I want to buy Reatta items like you speak of I have to get them from eBay or maybe someone here on the forum. We don't have a Reatta store in my area.

Ronnie, be very careful. Many of the items (like mats) are not actually OEM products , but items that would fit any Buick made in the last 30 years. And you can buy the "Reatta" fire extinguisher at Wal-Mart for less.

For example, e-Bay item 110323789946 says Reatta floor mats, but they don't have the Reatta logo and you can buy them at Auto Zone and Pep Boys (and probably Wal-Mart) cheaper. Many items have a Reatta emblem on them but were never Reatta products.

On the other hand, many are actual Reatta items and there's no other place to go if Jim Finn can't get it for you. smile.gif

Guest CL_Reatta

Well on ebay there is alot of stuff that is just flimsy junk bought at an auto parts store, but someone glues a reatta emblem on it and it suddenly becomes a "rare reatta collectible item".... I purchased a few of these items... including a keychain which broke withing 4 months

Hey Charlie,,,,

I bought a high end cover (forget the name)from Barney back in 2002 - 2003, and I use it on the Select Sixty every year from about September to late May. I do not have a garage, but it is under a nice and big carport. Still subjected to wind and some wind blown weather elements. The cover just last year started to show a little fraying on a couple of corners, and is getting a little hard to stretch when pulling over the car. I will or should get this year and possibly next year out of the cover which I consider excellent longivity. I will however probably retire it this spring, and use it as an extra cover for whatever. Think the cover was around or just under 200.00. Barney discounts it from the retail price (I think).

Nic

Charlie, I was just attempting to re-read (I always proof or check after I submit/post for some silly reason frown.gif ) my reply to see if I left anthing out, and I looked at you post again. I now am not sure if you were asking where to buy a cover or how to eliminate covers from viewable sale items on ebay....well, you have a buy suggestion anyway for whatever your post was for smile.gif.

I guess my reply will also suffice as to ask Barney what the covers cost these days as I will be in the market for one soon.....Just hope he sees this post.

Right - -cover, -harmonic

I recently ordered a custom Weather shield HP cover from CoverCraft and it was very reasonable because they were discounting the black fabric - of course if you dont want black they have other colors but not at the discount price.

Saved around $100 bucks this way.