WTB Carter BB-1 updraft carb

Guest Merchant Xpress

Guest Merchant Xpress

I need a Carter BB-1 updraft carb for my 29 DB pickup. Bolts are 2 3/8 spread on center in line with throttle body.

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

Dodge Bros used the Plymouth Silver Dome 4 cylinder engine, 170 cubes. The BB-1 was used as a replacement for most four cylinder engines. The bolt spread and pattern to the manifold is most important. Mine is 2 3/8 inches and the bolts are in line with the throttle body as opposed to the Chevy pattern which was cross ways to the throttle body. If the spread on the bolts is 2 3/8 I think I can make it work.

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

Mark, is that electronic system 6 volt? While I'm very interested in the electronics end of it I'm not so keen on converting everything over to twelve volt. I'm not even sure how I would change the coil/ignition switch assembly over to twelve volt. I'm thinking about contacting Pertronix to see if they can make an electronic module for the truck. Then again when this thing is working right it fires right up on the points. Have you converted to the Zenith carb for any of your cars, I would like to see your 24 Roadster Truck. When I was a kid I had a ford roadster pickup. It was a beater but it was my first car.

Harry

Harry,

All my Buicks have original carbs except for my 13 Buick. I still have the original Schebler carb for it, but it is more important to me to have it run well than show it for judged events. I drive it on lots of summer tours and it runs much better on the BB1.

Per your request, here are a couple of photos of my 24 Buick PU.

post-41092-143138032267_thumb.jpg

post-41092-143138032269_thumb.jpg

Guest Merchant Xpress

Mark, she's a beauty. I guess your remark about the bb-1 is why I'm looking for one. Every thing I read seems to state that in order to have reliability and perforance the BB-1 is the way to go. I haven't received a reply yet from the Zenith company as to cost so that is still something that interests me but I think the BB-1 is still my first choice. I have received a couple of e-mails regarding BB-1 carbs but no one has given me a price yet.

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

Mark, if I can find one the price isn't too bad. If I could find a Stromberg or Zenith updraft I would be happy.

Harry