How many of you still have your first car?

keiser31

I think this is styled after a 60's Ford Galaxie. Still have the pedal car but it needs restored. I recall I was so mad when they gave this to me bacause my short legs could not reach the pedals. I improvised and did a Fred Flinstone and made a zillion laps thru my Granny's kitchen and living room. Photo roughly 1967

randy_pedal.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Randy, Where the heck you been?? Missed your post. </div></div>

Hi Dick.... have been rigg'n the sails and loading the ballest on the new website with the grand opening due soon. I've always planned for the new site to be recession proof.... dang looks like I'd better go ahead and tweak it to be depression proof too. More info to come of course...

Guest oldmobile1

Not my first, but my longest. 1951 Olds 88-A 2 door sedan. Bought in 1971, 2 engines, 2 tranny's a re-paint and lots of hours of driving and and work over the years. Took my wife to the hospital to give birth to both of our children and brought all of them home in it, and took my daughter to the same, and brought her and my grand son home in it. Will probably be burried in it. She now lives in her own garage, you ought to see Her head lights shine when I pat her on the deck lid and rub her rear bumper!!! Doug Caughey

Guest Merchant Xpress

Nope, my first vehicle was a 29 roadster pickup my dad bought when I was a kid to haul stuff to the dump, eventually he parked it in the field next to our house to tie a beef steer to so it could graze free. When I was about 15 he told me if I fixed it up I could have it when I got my license. I spent a lot of time undoing what years of abuse and steer had done to it. One day I came home from school and it was gone. My dad laughed about how some fool had come by and offered him $100 for it so away it went with the fool. To my dad it was still a $15 truck and he got one over on the fool, that and it was a ford and he definately was a Chrysler product kind of guy.

Harry

First the simple answer is no. It was towed off to the scrap yard when I was at school one day.

But your question had me going back through all the cars that I’ve owned since I’ve been driving and was amazed when I got to 42 and I've yet to have been in the drivers seat that many years.

So, another question might be asked as another thread/topic; "If you don’t have your first car, of all the cars that you have owned what would you have kept if you could have and what was the favorite that you have owned?” I think that this would be another great topic.

And regarding the car that went to the scrap yard? It was a 1956 Dodge Sierra Wagon that my parents gave me but in the end they became impatient with it sitting around not running, hence it was not there when I came home one day from school. Although I try to keep my eye open to all opportunities I have yet to but I would really like to find another.

I still have my first road worthy vehicle which is a 1957 Dodge Sweptside pickup. I drove it around the farm in the late 70's and on the road in the early 80's. To see it go to the Dodge Truck Forums and look at "The 1957 Dodge Sweptside and More" thread. grin.gif Dandy Dave!

Ohhh Heck. Just poke here....My first was a pickup

• 4 weeks later...

I still have ANNIE, my 1929 Model A 2-dr Sedan. I was 15 yrs old when a family friend (original owner) gave it to my Dad and we put a new coil in to make it run! I learned to drive on Annie, and she still looks the same as the day she came home, complete with my High School Decals across the back window, and her name painted underneath. We are in the process of completing a mechanical restoration, while enjoying driving in the summer, so that I can take her to my 50th High School Graduation reunion in 2011 (Ballard High in Seattle Washington) it will be an interesting trip since i now live in Fairbanks, Alaska.

I still have ANNIE, my 1929 Model A 2-dr Sedan. I was 15 yrs old when a family friend (original owner) gave it to my Dad and we put a new coil in to make it run! I learned to drive on Annie, and she still looks the same as the day she came home, complete with my High School Decals across the back window, and her name painted underneath. We are in the process of completing a mechanical restoration, while enjoying driving in the summer, so that I can take her to my 50th High School Graduation reunion in 2011 (Ballard High in Seattle Washington) it will be an interesting trip since i now live in Fairbanks, Alaska.

Yes I do,38 Dodge D8 coupe.Got it in 72 from a friend in H.S.for $300.Iam just getting back to it this spring.A friend that I race with makes an OHV head for the Dodge flathead 6.So Iam going to put one on this car.This will be #3 of 3.No more will be made.The car will be almost stock.It will be our 1 lap around America car.

My uncle has his first car too.1932 Ford 5 window.He got it in 54.Drag raced it tell 63.Then it went into storage.I restored it for him in the 80's.It has the model B with a Riley 2 port head.Goes like stink!

Sure do. Not only the first but.... the second and the third! Number 1 is a 1958 Buick Limited 2dr that Dad had bought to use as a daily driver for his 70 mile one way commute to work. After two years of this and a broken universal joint, when I started talking about getting my license in 69 he gave this one to me to get away from owning "some hopped up thing" some of my friends were driving. Two years later with being exposed to Dad's other real antique cars (1920 Overland & 1928 Whippet cabriolet) a local car club member called to say he had a 58 Buick convertible and would I be interested. What 19 year old kid would not want a red bodied convert with black and white interior????? Yep, I not only had to have it but it was another 58 Buick too. The third is a 1958 Buick Roadmaster convert from Lima, Ohio advertised for the ransom sum of $200.00. This poor car had been used, abused and put away filthy! Again had to have it, being a Buick and was a steal (in my mind) at $90.00. With life being what it is(kids, Mortgage, etc) the cars are driver quality not show but still turn heads with the general public. Like someone else stated earlier I not sure I could ever sell one of these cars as they are so much a part of me and the family.

post-36036-14313805223_thumb.jpg