1969 ss/rs camaro value question

Guest 71333

Hey George,A couple ways of looking at it.How many '69 Camaros with the SS/RS option came with a 3 speed transmission?I would guess few,therefore making them scarce and desirable to some.As for a car i would buy to drive and enjoy doesn't sound like much fun.Works both ways as for value not much out there is stronger than a 69 Camaro.diz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DizzyDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey George,A couple ways of looking at it.How many '69 Camaros with the SS/RS option came with a 3 speed transmission?I would guess few,therefore making them scarce and desirable to some.As for a car i would buy to drive and enjoy doesn't sound like much fun.Works both ways as for value not much out there is stronger than a 69 Camaro.diz </div></div>

Just keep in mind that rarity does not necessarily equal desirability. As an example, GM A-body cars with the post body style and three-on-the-tree were rare when new because they were the bottom of the line loss leader and nobody wanted them. That doesn't make they more valuable now.

Generally, a 3 speed is not that desirable. For years, I've seen automatics pull as much as 4 speeds, due to there drive ability. Only in the last few years, have I seen 4 speeds go for more than autos. My assumption is that most people aren't overly excited about a 3 speed. But, speaking of your car, yes, it is one of the hottest at the moment! My brother has the same car, and they are fetching a pretty penny.