Collector Car Insurance

bosco001

We have Grundy,

But JC Taylor handles the insurance for AACA and they have been very good to AACA, so you don't want to ignore them either.

Your best bet is to find someone who has had to file a claim and see who took care of them the best, and who got the short end of the stick. They're all good until a claim gets filed, and then that is where you find out who is good and who isn't.

In February, on an HCCA tour in Florida, my '07 one-lung Cadillac was creamed while lawfully parked. It was insured through Hagerty for $50,000. Hagerty agreed to total the car. I asked about buying the bones back, since almost all the damage was to the running gear, which had been knocked right out from under the body. Hagerty said they would get one wholesale bid for the salvage, which I could choose to buy back for that price. The bid was $4,500 (really!), so I jumped at it. The whole thing was done in under three weeks; it only took that long because some paperwork was lost in the mail. Needless to say, I was a happy camper (except for being deprived of the use of my favorite antique car).

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ