Interior Question

53saratoga

I have used Kanter's headliner and upholstery kits and believe they are top notch. I was very pleased with fit and quality.

Richard,

I had gone that route with my 62 Biscayne and it was some big bucks! This car is just knock around driver, and this price was right. I can order a kit from Hampton for the 31 but again I am spending more then the car is worth. Looks like we will sit on towels for a while longer

John

Guest windjamer

John if you have a 31 Chev. thats a driver and not worth a set of good seat covers you should sell it to me for the cost of the covers and Ill spring for a new set for it. Just trying to be helpfull

Guest windjamer

John all kidding aside I never tryed to find anything for a car that was older than 1946, so this may be a dumb question but have you tryed Ledgendary? I got my compleat int. from them for my 65. I dont know how far they go back but I know they had some older stuff.

Guest bkazmer

I think on older cars a break point on cost of materials vs. authenticity is the type of cloth. I have yet to see a synthetic or synthetic blend that does not have a shine or sheen that is not in the original wool broadcloth, mohair, or whipcord upholstery.

Now I'm not saying there is a right or wrong answer here, but this is a key choice in how your interior will look. To me a non-authentic wool looks more period correct that the right pattern in a shinier material.