and people are actually bidding on it....

Guest BJM

Does the CD player (or is that playa?) come with a free ebonics CD?

From the text in the listing:

<span style="font-weight: bold">SO IF U WANT GET ALOT OF ATTENTION AND BE THE KING OF THE STREET NOW UR CHANCE .</span>

Looks like a Hotweels car with lawnmower wheels on it.

Hey, maybe this is just a concept car from the new Congressional Motors Corporation?

photo04.jpg

Shaft would be proud; can you dig it?

There is actually someone with a 1970 I think tan lesabre siting on 24's, with goofy bright yellow brake drums. Two years ago he'd roll through the cruise nights around here and not stay...last summer he came to the popular centrally-located one pretty regularly. Not a fan at all. JohnD1956 is a better man than I for talking to him and probably inviting him to join our chapter. Im sorry it's just ridiculous to me.

Every time I hope that this is a passing fad...keeps comin back again like you-know-what that wont flush. LOL.

Class=Majorly Modified, none existant, but to each their own. The BCA dissed the Gran Sports back in the late '70s early '80s only for them to start their own club, owned by a individual, but that's an old story, that doesn't have to be discussed anymore or ever again! We do what, we do to support the hobby and the preservation of Buicks, no matter what some people do to them, like I said to each their own. Be friends, and be nice! And be glad it's not in the scrapyard being crushed and sent to CHINA!

Even though the customization on this car is not to my particular preference, I try to remember that this car appealed to the owner, otherwise they would not have done this. And, ultimately, who am I to condemn someone else's taste?

A few years ago I might have done just that but, luckilly I witnessed a wise man doing everything possible to make the owner of what I thought was a marginal car, feel pride in his vehicle. It dawned on me that this act of kindness probably made that fellow feel like a million bucks and, in the long run, did much more to promote the hobby than pointing out some problems that he most likely already knew about. I'm sure that the praise he recieved went much further in terms of increasing his ambition to perfect the car.

OK Buick People: Easy on that judgement trigger.........please!!! This is by far the ugliest aspect of the B U I C K C L U B of America. I know because I have been in the same spot as the owner of this unique vehicle. How would all of you like it if I posted a picture of your vehicles in a thred and ranted how terrible they were?????

A suggestion and perhaps a solution....."The New and Improved" Buick Club of America "With Added Humility".

Mitch

Everybody can be politically correct and point out how wonderful this is and all of that but, it is still hard to look at. He paid for it, it is his choice to do it the way he wanted to do it. Everybody does not think alike (good thing). Remember, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I still think it is ugly and very difficult to look at. I was never a "yes man", I told it like I saw it. My bosses sometimes appreciated it and sometimes did not.

Stevo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Cook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wondering? Could this guy be a high school grad-u-ate? </div></div>

I'm certain he was very familiar with the ivory halls of high school by the time he decided to leave.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lrlforfun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK Buick People: Easy on that judgement trigger.........please!!! </div></div>

I concur.

Remember what your mothers all said...If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

We go through this on this board every now and again. I'm not going to lay heaps of praise on the person that modified this car, because it isn't to my taste. However, I'll also try not to stoop to being insulting simply because I don't like it.

I've been on the receiving end of similar diatribes, although not particularly hash...they relate more to my cars from the '60s or having A/C as being "modern" and not fitting into a club. Funny how that same club has a lot more cars from the '60s with A/C at events than pre-war cars.

For me it's not that a nice old Buick was wildly modified....it's just the latest installation in a story that won't end already. Just the latest overly-gaudy way to make your car (and yourself I suppose) look wealthy and classy. I'm starting to see beaten past-their-prime ford expeditions and chevy tahoes even with huge wheels on them and chrome trinkets in the worst places. Not to mention blacked out or clear taillights. Shoulda put that money towards the massive exhaust leak that makes the front of the car sound like an angry typewriter LOL.

I have one quick, non-judgmental question:

I know practicality went out the window when this car was built, and that's O.K. But just how can this car sit outdoors on a sunny summer day with these chrome floor mats? Even if heat isn't an issue because it isn't driven and the carpet glue is fireproof, aren't they reflecting U.V. light into places God and G.M. would rather it not go?

31e2_12.JPG

Mike LOL! Well, uhm, said. I guess it appeals to a certain buyer but what got me is the multiple bids. Some beautiful original Buicks don't garner this much attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one quick, non-judgmental question:

I know practicality went out the window when this car was built, and that's O.K. But just how can this car sit outdoors on a sunny summer day with these chrome floor mats? Even if heat isn't an issue because it isn't driven and the carpet glue is fireproof, aren't they reflecting U.V. light into places God and G.M. would rather it not go?

31e2_12.JPG </div></div>

Dave....I've NEVER seen freakin CHROME floormats in my life....that just made me laugh. Diamond-plate-steel-styled chrome floormats. I bet driving around on a sunny day that reflection is blinding. And yes....UV is bad let's not make it any more far-reaching.

Some would say that in our politically correct world, a state inspection wouldn't be "fair," some might even say racist.......

Safety inspections basically stopped being about safety when they stopped checking the aim on these new eye-piercing laser-bright blue headlights, and started worrying more about emissions levels and whether your emissions equipment is connected.

I know some states are at least honest enough to call it an emissions check, but others still call this a safety inspection.

Now does anyone really think this monstrosity was made to DRIVE??

"thred and ranted"

t-h-r-e-a-d

"I have been in the same spot as the owner of this unique vehicle."

Aren't you special?

Mitch,

Get off your high horse ! I am sick and tired of the stupid 'lets be friends' political correctness bs. That car is a piece of s??t the guy is obviously a crack pot, wired up on drugs. Who on God's green earth would do that to that car? waste all that $$$ for something completely and utterly useless, YOU CANT EVEN DRIVE THAT PIECE OF JUNK DOWN THE STREET! And as for posting a picture of my vehicle on a thread, be my guest! You are welcome to rant and rave all you want, but, at least I can drive mine anywhere and not have to climb down 5 feet out of a late model Buick and look like some country Hick or some 'gangsta' with too much drug money on my hands. So, welcome to the new and 'humilified' (in a Bush voice) BCA!

I don't see Mitch's post as the "high horse" variety. I think he's simply stating an opinion (just liked everyone else on this thread). I personally don't care for the car at all, but I don't care for a 1910 Buick, either. BUT if I ever see one at a show or at a gas station being trailered somewhere, I would introduce myself as a member of the BCA and at least give them the opportunity to come to a club event ans see how things are. The true test, when that happens, is how the other members treat that prospective member, whether it be a donked out 85 Regal or a 75 Skyhawk. Hopefully, everyone will try to put on their game faces and make said prospective member feel welcome. What does it matter what kind of Buick they have? Their money is as good as yours.

My 71 Centurion attracts a high number of "folks" who would love to see the car "sittin' on 26's", etc...but I use my car as a tool to show them the importance of preserving Buicks like mine. Most of the time, I can get them to respect my car as it sits, rather than them wanting to rip off the stock wheels and install flat screen TV's in the trunk.

Just last night, I pulled into a gas station, and there was a 17 year-old kid hanging his head out the door to see my car roll in. I walked past him through the door, and he was still standing there looking. I said hi and went on my merry way...but he was still looking though the window as I was paying for my soda. He said, "is that a GS??" That is when I (kindly) corrected him and showed him the rest of the car. He was drooling all over it, and I asked him if he owned an antique car. He said "not yet!" I wrote down my cell number on one of our BCA chapter's business cards(which you all should have or need to getgrin.gif ) and told him to visit our website and that I might be able to help him out when he finds the right car.

I've gotten a little off subject, but the moral of my story is: Don't pass up an opportunity to keep the interest in Buicks alive!

This guy with the "interesting" blue and yellow Regal probably has no idea what he has...to him, it's just another car to modify. What OUR job is, is to show him why his car is important, and to give him another reason to be proud of his car. Tell him about the GN, and how it was the fastest American production car in 1987. Watch his eyes light up as he finds out that his car is virtually the same car, minus the hair dryer laugh.gif Information like this might cause him to think twice about doing this to his next car.

I understand that some of you are vehemently against any car like this to join the BCA...but some degree of tolerance has to be practiced. Don't just turn your back on a guy because he has a car with paint and tires you HATE.

I installed headers and changed the original colors in the interior of my convertible just prior to joining the BCA. I heard all the folks saying negative things about the "non-original" stuff on my car. It didn't hurt my feelings, because I liked what I did, but it did open my eyes to the prospect of returning these cars t otheir original glory, and the only things I ever modify on my cars anymore, is the internals of the engines....and maybe some other stuff to help he performance side of it. But you'd never be able to tell from looking at my car that it's modified. So, I learned my lesson...time to pass along my experience and try to spread the word! If that means allowing the big blue Regal into our club, then I'm all for it.

^^^^ That's kinda my feeling. As much as I'd hate to have to stand next to it and look at it...it is still a Buick, the interest could be sparked. The "never miss an opportunity to get another club member" is definitely a good point and a reminder of how we all always want more people to see the worth in preserving old iron and learning about it....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1948Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"thred and ranted"

t-h-r-e-a-d

"I have been in the same spot as the owner of this unique vehicle."

Aren't you special?

Mitch,

Get off your high horse ! I am sick and tired of the stupid 'lets be friends' political correctness bs. That car is a piece of s??t the guy is obviously a crack pot, wired up on drugs. Who on God's green earth would do that to that car? waste all that $$$ for something completely and utterly useless, YOU CANT EVEN DRIVE THAT PIECE OF JUNK DOWN THE STREET! And as for posting a picture of my vehicle on a thread, be my guest! You are welcome to rant and rave all you want, but, at least I can drive mine anywhere and not have to climb down 5 feet out of a late model Buick and look like some country Hick or some 'gangsta' with too much drug money on my hands. So, welcome to the new and 'humilified' (in a Bush voice) BCA! </div></div>

Wow, hope you feel better getting that one off your mind. Hahahah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one quick, non-judgmental question:

31e2_12.JPG </div></div>

Dave, that's just the built in toaster oven.

"This guy with the "interesting" blue and yellow Regal probably has no idea what he has...to him, it's just another car to modify. What OUR job is, is to show him why his car is important, and to give him another reason to be proud of his car. Tell him about the GN, and how it was the fastest American production car in 1987. Watch his eyes light up as he finds out that his car is virtually the same car, minus the hair dryer laugh Information like this might cause him to think twice about doing this to his next car"

He wont, instead he will be talking about those chrome mats, or the stupid rims, I think we are wishing for to much, the only thing Buick about that one is the body, otherwise, it is a goner...

Yeah, I do, because I am tired of these guys screwing up cars that should not be screwed up, and everyone excusing it by saying 'everyone has their taste',etc. When some chop shop jack a?? cuts into an original model A, 1940's car, or even this one, which are original, they are destroying our history. I read an article in Hemmings Classic where this one guy chopped up a 30 something ORIGINAL in good condition Lasalle, so, he could put a 350 and buckets in there. Those people should not be allowed at a car show or in the hobby, if they want that then they can go to L.A. where all the gangsters are, and they can show it off there.

Guest my3buicks

Of interest though, is this car has garnished more attention than most any fabulous original or restored Buick ever does on this forum. So....... who's to say.

I for one am a purist, BUT, it's his car, he can't tell me how to do mine no more than I can tell him how to do his.

I have found in life on ALL fronts, to each his own as long as it's not personally affecting or hurting me.