1929 Packard 640 2 dr. with rumble seat

I might, I repeat MIGHT have found a 1929 Packard 640 2 dr. with rumble seat to buy. The problem is I know very little about these particular Packards and their worth. I looked on the Packard website and there seems to be more than one model like this, how do you know what it exactly is?

Guest superods

Hey 327...would you like some incentive to purchase that beautiful 29 for the asking price on ebay? I am thinking about buying it. Ask anyone here ...when I make up my mind look out! Seriously....you cannot go wrong at the buy now price on that car 327 unless the engine is blown the trans slips and you have wheel shimmy to beat the band. I was most suprixed to see a rumble seat coupe that nice in photos for 22k. Get on it now !!!!

Guest imported_Speedster

The car pictured Looks like a '28 526.

Certainly Not a 640 or 645!

The engine may be a different story, tho. Which is Okay. grin.gif

Guest 1928Packard526

327 —

I'm with Speedster on this one. The car on the ebay listing is a 1928 526 6 cylinder car. The seller even says as much in his posting. The pictures confirm it as well. Since I have a 526 sedan I can make a close comparison quite easily. Just why did you think it was a 1929 640 or 645? Is there another car out there?

Pete P.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1928Packard526</div><div class="ubbcode-body">327 —

I'm with Speedster on this one. The car on the ebay listing is a 1928 526 6 cylinder car. The seller even says as much in his posting. The pictures confirm it as well. Since I have a 526 sedan I can make a close comparison quite easily. Just why did you think it was a 1929 640 or 645? Is there another car out there?

Pete P. </div></div>

Pete,

I never said I was looking at a Packard on Ebay, I said I MIGHT have found one I wanted to buy but didn't say where it was. But thanks anyway.