Party @ Rick Hoover's shop 10/10/01

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hello DF'ers, <BR>Rick Hoover will again be having a party at his shop during the Hershey show. All on this forum are invited to come down on Wednesday night, October 10, 2001 after 5:00 p.m. for soda, beer, chips and snacks. Rick will put up directions soon. smile.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

Novaman, That's very true! So, if I'm late getting back from Hershey, I'll leave the keys under the front mat. All you folks that were here last year know where the fridge is. Enjoy!<P>Seriously, everyone on here coming to Hershey is welcome. Last years DF gathering was fun, so if you guys want to do it again, lets. I'll e-mail out maps once I get a head count either on here or e-mails as last year. Thrusday night is possible also.<P> Rick smile.gif" border="0

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hal, I sent an email asking if he was having the event again and was given the OK to post the info.<p>[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: SalG ]

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Sal,<P>I hope you didn't misinterpret my response. I was only kidding. I knew you and Rick must have already discussed it. Sorry for any misunderstanding. No offense intended.<P>Hal

• 3 weeks later...

Sal, as it is getting closer to time for Hershey and the DFer's meeting, it looks like I just might have a car after all this year. Stop by my spaces when you get there. WBF 4&5.<P>Rick, when are we going to get the map again? Looking forward to coming.<P>I forgot, who's taking the minutes? grin.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Guest boettger

Lookin forward to seeing everyone at Rick's Place. Now if I could only remember how to get there! Will be sure to bring the digital camera this year and to also leave a trail or bread crumbs so I can find it again next year!

Guest BruceW

I know its prob too late..cuz most of the DFer's have prob left for the holy lands of Hershey.. but if someone has an empty seat to Rick's on Wednesday night and wouldn't mind a rider...I'd be much obliged. <P>I will be at CF-45 (Model A accessories) if you happen to pass by either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Rick Hoover is a grand host and I enjoyed the DF get-together on Wednesday evening. Thanks for hosting the DF meeting at your very fine shop. Thanks also to Steve Boettger for providing a ride to the shop. It was great to see old and meet new acquaitences from the DF.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi gang, Steve Boetteger and Novaman took pictures. We had a brief "business" meeting, I will let "father" Ron fill you in on some of the site updates in the works. We all got to meet Mr & Mrs Model A Hal, Novaman's girl friend. JAC is back. BruceW & Chevyrif were there. My cousin spent the evening trying to figure out how to steal a Model A pickup out of Rick's shop without Rick spotting the theft. (He does good work) Thanks go to Rick for the meeting space and the snacks. I am home early, I have a wedding to attend tomorrow (a cousin, but not an old car person).<BR> smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: SalG ]

Hey Sal ~ Was that your cousin Vinny? wink.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0 <P>I will be gone from the forum & e-mail for a while as the computer has to go to Gateway Hospital tomorrow AM for a stay of undetermined duration. frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0 Prayers for my wallet will be appreciated. shocked.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

from Sal's quote:<P> "My cousin spent the evening trying to figure out how to steal a Model A pickup out of Rick's shop without Rick spotting the theft. (He does good work) "<P>Was wondering who Sal was refering to.... Rick or his cousin? grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

must have been his cousin. Couldn't have been Rick. I've never seen such shoddy work. I mean the paint jobs were all slick, no dirt in it (or in the shop). And what was with the shop. Tools were all in place. I don't think Rick does anything. Someone else probably did it all and Rick hauled it over to his place as a front for us. Nobody could work in those conditions!! wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0 <P><BR>Serouisly, nice work Rick. If I could only get my stuff to look half as good. rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0<P>Got picture added to my website. <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/6336/new_page_1.htm" TARGET=_blank>DFer's meeting picture. click here.</A><p>[ 10-14-2001: Message edited by: novaman ]

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

I ditto everyone's response. It was great to meet everyone in person. Thanks to Rick for graciously hosting the party.

I'm glad to be reading how you all had a good time and to hear the kind compliments. Trust me, the pleasure was all mine! We had a great turn out and if I counted correctly, there was 26 in all thoughout the evening. Not bad, considering the other events taking place that night. smile.gif" border="0 <P> I just feel it's great to see all the new friendships being made from talking on this forum and getting to meet and spend time with each other as we do during these events.<P> Again, thanks to all of you for coming and I hope everyone had a great time during Hershey. Let's do it again next year!<P> Rick

I didn't get to Hershey until Thurs. so I missed the party. I have stayed in Middletown for the last 17 years and didn't know there was a restoration shop there. I guess that I never looked as Hershey weekend is so busy. Al