Looking for a clum key

Guest imported_RAH

Big Mark,

The two digit number of a Clum switch would be 25 to 50 and 76 to 99. The Briggs & Stratton had range from 1 to 26. By the way the Clum number series from 51 to 75 are for Ford. The Briggs switch had a single ended knob while the Clum had a double ended knob. There were, however Clum later replacements for the Briggs with the double ended knob.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Guest imported_RAH

David,

The Briggs & Straton switch was used right after the Magneto during the period of the Delco Ignition system. When the switch to the North East distributor they switched to the Clum combination switch. Basically late '16 / '17.

• 3 months later...

Back to my switch question:

In my dash right now are the remains of a switch with a "knob" that has two "wings" top and bottom, identical--they're about a chevron shape from the side The "new" switch has "straight wings" although one end tapers, like a point. The new switch has connections for "GROUND" "MAG" "HEADS" "REAR" "BAT" and "A11" stamped on it too. The lock cylinder has "14" stamped on the front.

Would this one be correct for my car? is the one in the dash (missing cylinder and all electrics) the correct one, or a replacement?

Thanks!

David D.

interesting topic. Looks like my 1919 has the wrong switch as well. I have the single ended switch witht he normal 'dim', 'off', and 'on'(?).

I do have several 'extra' double ended switch pieces. I guess I could just swap out the switch piece? I'll post a photo later tonight.