Proper way to install an air filter decal.

Vitelio 26

First place it on there to get an idea of how it will line up. Its shape is deceiving, it helps to have a good idea of how it wraps around the lid first. Then brush adhesive on to the air cleaner lid and the back of the decal, wait a while to let both get tacky. Finally place it on and press it firmly into place, you may have a few seconds of wiggle room but not much, the adhesive will grab pretty quickly. Careful not to put too much adhesive near the two ends where they seam together, as the adhesive tends to ooze out there. I placed small barbell weights on it afterwards as it dried, especially on the seam.

The trunk decal goes right in the center of the trunk lid, covering the circular cut out area.

When I installed the last aluminum one that I did, I used a spray adhesive; in my opinion, it's less likely to leave little bumps and/or ridges that might not get flattened out that will eventually let dirt in and allow the new "decal" to loosen. Mask off any areas where you don't want any adhesive.

I then used an old pillow case filled with sand to weight it down (I live close to the Kansas River where there's a sand pit, and the sand is free by the bucket load.) By doing it that way, there's constant, even pressure over the entire surface. The hardest part is getting an edge lined up straight when you first start. Perhaps a small pencil mark along the radius will help you get it lined up before putting it on permanently.

Ed

I used several large magnets to hold the decal down to the lid, with no glue yet, while I positioned it where I wanted it. Then I removed magnets from only one "end" and began glueing under there. Once half down from one end, I lifted the other end and glued from middle out to other end. I used magnets to hold decal down while glue dried, but Ed's sand in a pillow case idea sounds really good.