Lincoln Model K's

scott12180

Hello --

Could someone please comment on the general opinion of the post-KB Lincoln Model K of the mid-to-late 1930's?

I have the opportunity to buy one and would like to know if the smaller engine of the K is reliable, is a good engine, etc. For such heavy cars, is the K engine adequate?

How are these cars in general regarded in the Classic Car world?

Thanks --- Scott

Guest normandie

The later Lincoln K, built through 1939 is an outstanding automobile. They have plenty of power. I own and regularly drive a 1937 Willoughby Sport Sedan, that weighs in excess of 6,000 pounds. The car performs beautifully. Within the Classic world Lincolns have been under appreciated, and I don't know why. These later Lincoln K's carried more custom coach work than any of the other Classic marques. Whether factory or custom-built, they are beautifully appointed automobiles and represent an excellent value in today's market. Buy it.

I too agree, K Lincolns are all underrated cars, They have very high quality, drive great and many custom coach built bodied models. Never miss the chance to buy one if you can at a good price. I guarantee you will get it for 40% less than a Packard and never fight wood rot in the body.