Trying to ID this Fomoco part & have part number

Guest trnu1971

Guest trnu1971

I know how the Ford Part code works, but googling a 1963 Ford Fairlane, I cannot seem to find what & where these go. Fomoco part number reads: C3OB-16188-B. I have looked at Ford Fairlanes (& 500 & Squire) and still cannot see where these might go. I have three, so I don't know if it is a full set, or if they go on individually. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

post-58771-143138023938_thumb.jpg

post-58771-143138023959_thumb.jpg

Guest bossmustang

I think I can help you.

C3OB-16188-B is indeed a Ford part but it is just an ID number off the part and not the part number. I believe the part number is C3OZ-16098-A or B, which would make it a fender ornament from a '63 Fairlane.

I believe the '63 Fairlane Sport Coupe had three of these vertical ornaments on each fender.

Jim

Retired Ford parts manager

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the '63 Fairlane Sport Coupe had three of these vertical ornaments on each fender.

</div></div>

They weren't vertically applied. They were applied horizontally inside the contrasting color stripe, and then only rarely. By far a majority of the cars did not have them. These are the only 2 pictures of them I could find online (one is a brochure image):

14t.jpg752731442.jpg

Guest trnu1971

Hats of to you both! I can't tell you how many hours I have into researching these off & on in the past few months. I probably never would have even noticed them in the pictures above if I had seen them. I think I was automatically looking for them to be parallel to each other rather than in a straight line. So again, thanks for your help!

Traci