1952 Chrysler Saratoga Help please

53saratoga

Hi, I have a 1952 Chrysler Saratoga that I just got And I've been trying to find parts for it and I'm not having any luck in doing so. I especially need brake parts and interior parts and I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find these parts at. Any help would be great. Thanks

What body style Saratoga? Chrysler combined 1951 and 1952 production numbers on some cars. The club coupe had a two year production of 8,501. The Saratoga Town and Country station wagon had a two year production run of 1,967. The four door sedan had a two year production run of 35,516. There were 183 8-passenger sedans for the two years. Included in that last number were a few 8-passenger limousines.

You can go to the WPC Club for parts or to Andy Bernbaum. They both have websites.

I have a 4 door (I will post some pics tomarrow)And it seems very Luxurious is that normal. So there where a lot of these made then but you don't see them very often now. Also I'm looking for a Shop manual for the 1952 Chrysler Saratoga where is a place I could find one.

Thanks for the help

Try Irv Bishko in Ohio. He has tons of literature and shop manuals. I think he has a website. I always check used book stores and find the automotive section. I have found a lot of shop manuals in those places.

the sites that Peter gave are good ones , heres some more just to confuse you , www.Kanter.com www.robertsmotorparts.com and the one i have found the best www.then-now.com (antique auto parts cellar). as for a shop manual if you cant find a original shop manual go on e bay and see if you can get a MOTORS AUTO REPAIR MANUAL that covers your year they give all the info you will ever need

Hey thanks that helps a lot. Now I have another question Where can I get a vin identification for a 1952 Chrysler Saratoga or If needed I can post a picture of it and see if anyone can decode it them selfs. But does anyone have any websites or anything because Primarly I'm trying to get the Paint color for the car so I can re-paint it the original color.

Yeah I saw kanter on-line but I found this place just 20 minutes away that sells old chrysler parts but hey for some reason I still can't find reverse Is there a trick to it or is my car just messed up because it might just be the shift linkage thats all messed up. And it is a semi-automatic with the safty clutch and has a capital R on the left and a little r on the right let me post a picture of it and It will show it.Thanks

Guest adam_knox

Yeah, good luck with parts! I love Bernbaum (oldmoparts.com). Kanter was okay for me too. Just be ready to really dig at swap meets, not a lot of chrysler stuff like there is ford and chevy!

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1953/index.htm

this link has all the technician's guides...HUGE help, esp. with your driving questions. Stuff from 49 and up should apply to you.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/index.htm#1953