HEAD & GASKET MARKINGS ??

Guest wpoll

Ok, thanks guys for the quick replies on the head gasket info,, This is what I found:

Head at center 'rail' has Chrysler Pendant cast with letters F & B on either side.. Numbers 4105 / 782 are cast on the right of the head..'stamped on the left side is TS2..does this sound like the original factory head??

Now...for the gasket.. I cleaned the cut-out area of grime, and the exposed head gasket is a 'copper' color, with the Chryler pendant stamped...no numbers showing on the gasket, only the Chrysler pendant.. That being said, what is the verdict? Original head, and gasket?

Thanks in advance.....

Wayne

"782" is the correct head style, you didn't see a year cast into the spot behind the AC bracket eh? "TS" stands for Turbo Shroud. The turbo heads in addition to harder valves (more heat resistant and durable)and upgraded valvesprings, the combustion chamber shape is unshrouded or laid back a few degrees compared to the non turbo heads. Gasket sounds pretty original too as the Mopar Performance ones have readable part #'s through that little cut out area.

Hey, maybe you should replace the head gasket yourself as a winter project/bonding experience with your car grin.gif

Alan

Thanks for all that valuable info, Alan!

Yes, I think you're right, does sound like a good time to get in there, and replace the head gasket, give me a chance to clean up the motor, and paint parts to make the engine a little more presentable...I nhave the manual on it, I'll take my time and try and do everything possible to make this car a very dependable summer driver for those long distance rides up our New England coastline. I would imagine I can find a lot of recommendations here on our site as to what I should be changing out, and replacing while I have the head off. If there's anything you can suggest, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks again,

Wayne