New boattail member from Norway

Glenn Tangen

Hi. My name is Glenn, i'm 42 year and have a '72 Buick Riviera "boattail" The car was importet from California in 2003. The car got new vinyl roof and new carpet and all new interior before it was shipped to Norway. The last owner stip the car down to metal and the car got new paint. After i purchased the car in 2006, i have replaced shoks and the springs last winter. And a used dash was purcased and installed last winter. The old one was broken in the plastic after many yars in the sun. As for now, i'm cleaning up the engine, and replacing all the vacum lines and the fuel lines and the radiator hoses. Just starting to putting all the parts back on the engine after painting all the part and the engine. By the way, the engine is still in the car. i dont have the tools to take the engine out of the car now. And the carburettor is sent away to a friend for a complete rebuild. So now the engine is coming together again.

Here are some pic of my car.

buickriviera3.jpg

Nice lines.

buickriviera2.jpg

buickriviera5.jpg

Trunk compartment.

Bak.jpg

New rims and center cap's

DSC00259.jpg

New dash installed.

10mars.jpg

Enginebay before i startet to cleaning it up.

DSC00408.jpg

And this is how it's it is now. 29nov10.jpg

Beautiful! You have a really nice car there. Which city in Norway are you, Glenn? (and if it is really small town, what is it near?)

Welcome to the list and to the ROA. You will find a number of helpful and knowledgeable people here.

Now that you have that engine looking so nice, you will need to clean and paint the rest of the car inside the engine compartment! (GM used "satin black"; not too shiny, not flat black.)

Hi Jim.

I live just outside of Bergen on the west coast.

Now the buick is parked for the winter. So i will not take it out before april/may next year after the all salt has gone.

As for the inside of the engine compartment, i will paint that next winter. Got to have somthing to do that winter to he he... After i'm done whith the engine, i have to take out the tranny. Got a little oilleak i have to fix.

And when i have the tranny out, i will clean everything under the car. So i have some work left his winter.

Guest NorwegianRivRoy

Nice car!

Very Nice Car!!!

Where outside Bergen? (Jeg er også fra Norge..Gardermoen. Er det noen i miljøet ditt som har eller skaffer en 425 motor 64-66?)

Good to see more rivi's in Norway!

Take care,

Roy

Sorry for the late replay. Been working a lot.

Thanx for the the nice welcome, everybody :-)

And hi to you, @NorwegianRivRoy. I live in a place called Knarvik. It's ca 20km north of Bergen. So here we have our own local car club, called Nordhordland Amcar Club. a link to our site www.nhacc.info. Sorry, but don't know of anybody ho has a 425 engine. I do now of a pontiac 455 engine for sale.