Jump to content

Chevy Bumpers - but what model?

Guest 4HQ

Recommended Posts

I believe these are Van Auken grille guards, an aftermarket accessory, but sometime dealer installed, (maybe to jack up the delivery price during the post WWII years when new cars were scarce). Agree with Keiser, I recall seeing them mostly on '46-'48 Chryslers, though also available for other makes.(see current ebay listing for '49 mercury ones.) Who wouldn't want to protect that monsterous pot metal Chrysler grille?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest CutNChop

They are Bumper/Grille guard posts. Mine were a bit taller and had a chrome bar that went between the two near the top.

I'd be interested in them if you are selling.

This was taken in 1972...I found another to rebuild about 5 yrs ago to be a clone.


Same car 1956


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...