Sign in to follow this  
platt-deutsch

12 volt coil question

Does anyone know what years DB4 12 volt use the same ignition coil as my 1925 DB. I am building a production run of these coils and need to know what they all fit..

Thanks

Gary

My original DB Master Parts List says '1918 to late 1926' and gives good cut-away diagrams etc. However there are 2 quite different coils pictured, one fastens to the end of the unit and covers the auto advance mechanism while the other (later) fastens to the side of the unit. If you like I could copy the pages next weekend, it takes a while to disassemble and re-assemble the old book. John

Boy..! That would be great.. I am going to try to make them look just like the original.. those drawings would sure be helpful..

Maybe you can scan them without taking it apart..

Gary

Hi Gary, attached are two files. Hope they are ok but if you want more detailed I can take it to work and do it better. Even if I have cut off something you want I can easily re-do it. It looks like I cant add an attachment that you can download so I will email to you in a PM. John

post-45637-143138022217_thumb.jpg

post-45637-143138022222_thumb.jpg

I have a 1925 dodge brothers screenside and my coil went bad. I have no clue where to find a new one or used one that works. would you happen to know a place. thank you for your time. Jim

James- You can use a universal 12 volt coil (most auto parts stores or ebay) for now, then get the reproduced coil from platt-deutsch when he has them ready.

Thank you for the info. And I will be one of your first customers. I appreciate the help. I will keep checking in for updates