Radio size for 90 ......... anyone ???

Guest smith356

Guest smith356

I have an extra CD / cassette radio from Chrysler, that I'm thinking of putting in the Reatta. It's 1.5 Din, but if anyone has a radio sitting around that could be measured, I would love to be able to see how close in size they are. The Chrysler is 6"deep x 8"wide x 3"tall. If it fits, I guess I would only need to make a harness, GM to Chrysler plugs. Or is it more complicated ? Anyone ever done it ?? Thanks, Jim

Guest G Froelich

If you cut the unimportant piece of plastic out of the back of the recess, you gain about an inch. My Sony iPod ready deck is a little over 7 inches and fits perfectly (with the iPod and cable conveniently hidden in the compartment directly under the deck--as if the Reatta were built for it all along!).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smith356

I have looked around, Crutchfield, etc. , but no one seems to offer a harness for the Reatta. Anyone ever buy one ? Thoughts on where to source ? Thanks...............

Guest smith356

I took your advice & looked up some harnesses on e-bay. They pretty much show one harness fitting many cars. I guess that only makes sense. I've attached a photo of it. Can anyone determine from the picture as to whether or not this would plug into a Reatta wiring harness ? ( I so don't want to pull the radio until I get everthing together at once !).

post-46219-143138023423_thumb.jpg