Sign in to follow this  
BBoz

Young guys?

My problem is, is that people think I am older. One time a few years ago, I went to see Charro at the house of blues and they let me in, though, I was only 17 and you have to be 21. It is all in the way you dress and act.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I'm a bit under 40 and have a 1935 Packard (as my screenname would suggest). It's certainly true that if you're in your 30s and you hang out with the pre-war car crowd, you often end up being the youngest by a few decades. The upside is that you can learn an incredible amount from folks that have been around these cars for a while.

When I went to the LCOC western meeting I was the youngest one there by at least 3 decades and most were 4 or 5 decades ahead of me. Everyone looked at me when I drove up in my Lincoln!

Steve's a little later than early but not extremely late, I believe.

If she's 27 then I'm 24 and you're 23.

Yeah I know. I just thought I'd be nice to at least one of the 315'ers. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I forget that I you're about 4 years older than I am, and those two are older than you. (I'm 40).

I'm 33 and love prewar cars. When I look at cars on ebay motors, I usually only look at '37 and older. My grandpa had a '27 Chev, and I grew up riding around in it. It was in that car that I learned to drive at 9 years old. When you learn to drive in a car like that, you can drive almost anything on wheels! About 10 years after my grandpa's passing, my Uncle talked about hauling the car to lower michigan to sell it. I stepped up to the plate and bought it. I couldn't bear the thought of losing such a huge part of my childhood..knowing if it was once sold out of the family, I might never see it again. Another interesting thing about that car is that is was purchased new about a 1/4 mile down the road from where I live!

It was my grandpa's claim that the Model T was the last good Ford built ('23 T roadster was his first car), so a few years after buying the '27 chev, I found a deal on a '23 Model T touring and jumped at the deal. A few years later I did a construction job for a collector in trade for a '17 Dodge touring. I just got married this past June, and my wife just loves the old cars...so we used money from the wedding towards the purchase of a '24 Model T Tudor! How's that for a supportive wife????

Now just have to try to keep that fleet rolling!!

Rick McKay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How's that for a supportive wife????</div></div> Hang onto her and hold her tight....

Thanks for all the replys! My experience here is just as it was at Hershey, nice people! Thanks....Boz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ex98thdrill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How's that for a supportive wife????</div></div> Hang onto her and hold her tight.... </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">

That's exactly what I do with my husband, never let go of him!

He likes to restore my cars (very slowly...), but doesn't want to go with me on tours. So each tour I find myself a person who likes to have a ride with an antique car, must say this works very well.

I'm 49 years young now and love the prewar car from being a child, my first car to drive in was a Studebaker President 1928! Still have it here, was my father's car and I'm happy to be able to keep it in good condition since he passed away.

Old cars must be in your blood, for some people it takes a bit of time to find out what they really like!

On tours I always encourage young people and women to drive these fine historic automobiles. Without them our hobby will only be a select group of fanatics and will most of the cars rest in a museum.

Finally nobody will know how to operate them! shocked.gif

Luckily we have sites like this and I think all of us will not let it happen.

If something happens to one of us, we have to make sure that there's at least a partner (/friend or a child) who knows how to drive what's left behind! As also the lovely story behind it! I really like the story from the 4 year old, amazing! smile.gif

I was the same way and see where I end up with... old cars!

laugh.giflaugh.gif</span>

Here's my new bride and I in our '17 Dodge last June.

Plus a pic of the '24 Model T Tudor we bought for a mutual wedding gift.

Rick

post-59371-14313802334_thumb.jpg

post-59371-143138023342_thumb.jpg