"Background Check" on a '92 Riviera

dship

Hi Folks,

I've owned my '92 Riviera for a few years now but cannot find any background on it, re: what dealer sold it, a copy of the original invoice, previous owners, etc. Does anyone know where I might get this info? The VIN # is 1G4EZ13L2NU402573. I've searched hi and low throughout the car for a build sheet to no avail to date.

Thanks in advance...

I got a copy of the original dealer factory invoice for my 1984 Riviera from Allied Vaughn. This is not a copy of the window sticker, but the dealer invoice showing MSRP and dealer cost for all options, shipping dates, and ordering dealer. In September 2007 it cost me $50. Invoices are available for Buicks from 1982. Go to gmmediaarchive.com, and follow the instructions for ordering. They sent me a copy by e-mail and also by snail mail.

My car was originally ordered by Royal Buick in Tucson, AZ and shipped to them on 6/1/1984. The car had a base MSRP of $15,967 plus $3,598 in options and $500.00 destination charge for a total MSRP of $20,065. The dealer invoice cost was $17,412.82.

Ship,

I can also tell you that once in Oklahoma and once in Texas I took the VIN number to the state vehicle registration office and paid a small fee for a vehicle history. They basically made copies of everything turned into the state on the car. Origin for Title, title transfers, divorce decrees, judgements, liens -- a trail of registered owners. This will give you a good trail of owners, but it may also lead you to do a vehicle search in different states if it's ever been out of state.

Jayson,

Thanks for the info and I'll keep your suggestion in mind. The car is not originally from Massachusetts. I bought it/shipped it from a used car guy in WI who bought it at a car auction somewhere near him. No telling where its been until I request some info from gmmediaarchive.com. I believe that will give me some indication as to its original destination from the factory. I'll go from there.

To all you good folks that replied:

Thank you very much for your info. It is very much appreciated and I will follow through. This forum is awesome......

Ship