cruise control

red head1228

Guest Greg Ross

Press hard on the brake pedal and then lift it back towards you with the toe of your shoe.

Mine used to refuse to set occasionally and this was the fix. This basically resets the height of the "Cruise Cancel" switch associated with the brake pedal.

Worth a try!

There are many things that can go wrong with the cruise control. I don't know if you've done this yet but first check for error messages. On my car it indicated the park neutral switch wasn't working but at the time I didn't realize how this would affect the cruise control. Next follow all the suggestions in the FSM. This will lead you to the problem. A systematic approach is cheaper than throwing parts at the problem.

Scott

If your speedometer is reading that sender is good.

If your servo is good you are down to only a couple other possibilities.

Vacuum problem or linkage problem.

An electrical problem should show up in diagnostics. And a maladjusted dump/cancel switch has been mentioned.

Your brake switch also has a vacuum dump built into it. You can cap off the large vacuum hose connection at the servo, if your cc then works it is a leak at the switch or hose going to it.

The cc will work normally with that large hose port capped.

BUT it is there as a redundant vacuum dump in case the servo vacuum dump valve fails to open. So do not leave it capped thinking you do not really need it. KennyV.

Guest Keith_Milford

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: red head1228</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i give up i now have it at a buick dealer in a small town that still has techs on staff that knows these car thanks </div></div>

Just curious if the dealer was able to fix this and how much it cost. I have a similar problem that I'm tired of dealing with.

Body Control Module. Another 68HC11 based computer that controls HVAC, radio, odometer, and other convenience options. The Reatta has a number of internal processing devices linked by a serial LAN (the ALDL).

Given all of the embedded electronics, the Reatta is amazingly reliable. Of course many were designed by the military electronics arm of Delco Radio that is (was ?) based in California.

Crap! That's what I'm afraid mine is. I used the FSM and checked everything out and that's what it points to. Tuesday morning mine continued to flash the "Low windshield washer fluid" for awhile even though it was not low. Anyone know if that is another indication that the BCM is going goofy on me?