How much FUN do you have with your Classic?

Guest Paul Christ

Guest Paul Christ

So, how much fun do you really have with your classics? I enjoy driving, showing, and working on my autos, and so the photos below really brought a huge smile to my face. I guess it's because I'd never dream of doing what these guys are doing with their car. What's the worst that could happen? Hopefully nothing more than a good wash and a little touch up paint could take care of. Still, I don't think that I could bring myself to do this - but it sure does look like FUN!

(these photos came from a site in the Netherlands. Follow the address below, and then click on the links across the top of the page to see some beautiful European cars / some of them are for sale);

http://www.tonyerker.bplaced.net/

29-09-2008-01-53-32-p.gif

29-09-2008-02-24-13-2p02.gif

Paul, great photos. These guys are using the cars as originally intended- before they became "investments", never to be used again as cars.

I doubt I could do it either, but I hardly have any time to devote to them anyway. Someone asked me a few weeks ago if I had played with them recently, and my answer was "does hooking up their Battery Tender and pumping up two low tires count?"

These might get dirty, but they will never deteriorate from lack of use as mine are doing.

I just finished up working on my 38 Buick coupe and love to drive it around just for the enjoyment of it.

Out for coffee, down to the store for milk and over to a friends house to compare notes.

I love the thumbs up that I get from other motorists. I never drive it in the rain though, as it has very little paint left on it, but that is what makes it stand out so much and is so much fun.