WTB - Usuable 1972 NY plates

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

Still looking Jim. Let me know if you do. She's real excited about the car and actually loved the idea of the plates and keeping it period correct. I told her I get to wear tight slacks and flowered collared shirts but she passed on it.

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

I think that plate started in 1973. From 66-72 the plates were blue with Orange lettering.

I'm editing and adding this link. It looks like its Blue background and Orange letters

Sorry JohnPaul. I found two sets the better of the two were commercial and the other would need restoration. These are plates that were off my drivers back then. I didn't get a summer driver on the road till 73 or 74.

The non commercial set has paint damage from salt and one has a crease across it. If you get to the point that you want to try and restore a set let me know you can have these for the cost of mailing, but that is new enough you should be able to find a nice original set.

Is this going to be a car for daily use? Because if so, you can't use those plates for a regular passenger registration. Those can only be used for "historical" registrations, and come with milage limits per annum usually dictated by your insurance company.

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Bollman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry JohnPaul. I found two sets the better of the two were commercial and the other would need restoration. These are plates that were off my drivers back then. I didn't get a summer driver on the road till 73 or 74.

The non commercial set has paint damage from salt and one has a crease across it. If you get to the point that you want to try and restore a set let me know you can have these for the cost of mailing, but that is new enough you should be able to find a nice original set.

</div></div>

Jim - Thanks for looking. Its appreciated

JohnD - It's not going to be a daily driver. The usual roadtrips, shows, occasional drive on the weekends.