Photo without caption...

Peter Gariepy

The local sheriff was really miffed when he returned from the donut shop to find this trucked parked in the 'parking by permit zone' reserved for the county sheriff. So he did what he had to do to insure it would never happen again . . .

"I don't understand how this happened. I didn't even have the cruise control ON!"

And it's a mystery to me that Ford is still using a hydraulic brake switch to disengage cruise control, instead of electric/vacuum like everybody else in the world. But I'll give it to them- they tracked my 93 F150 to me to complete the cruise control recall- in <span style="font-weight: bold">2007</span>. Never mind had to wait four months for the parts.

Yep...Ford's better idea. They have not learned how to fix the problem, but have learned how to track down F150 owners. Too bad they aren't child support collectors! And oh yeah....BURN, BABY, BURN.

Rocketraider, you are right on both accounts... The year was 1969, and that commercial was voted the best ever of the 20th century... this has to be one of the greatest years in American history. We landed on the moon, and then there was Woodstock of course, and cars were still built without all that pollution crap..... laugh.gif Dandy Dave!

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1DandyDaves</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> this has to be one of the greatest years in American history. We landed on the moon, </div></div>

Did we? crazy.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="font-size: 20pt">YES WE DID! </span></span>

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-size: 20pt">Apollo 11.</span></span>

Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin were there! Mike Collins circled. End of discussion. wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old gto</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #3333FF"> No! The "flame Throwers" are supposed to come out of the TAILPIPES! You`ve put them on the WRONG end!</span> </div></div>

Love it!!!!! laugh.gif

Reminds me of a cruise in Kannapolis NC several years back. They close off the main drag down by Cannon Village and several hundred cars of all description show up. A great time, just too far away to do more than once or twice a year.

This 64 Galaxie rat rod had some impressive flamethrowers fueled by propane and gasoline- 6 inch cans, two spark plugs per can producing 6-8 foot flames. He'd light 'em off once going down the loop, once coming back. This Acura ricerocket fell in behind the Galaxie and got just a little too close when it lit off.

Scorched Acura, or as one wag put it "Rice Krispies!"

I'll give it to the college-age Acura driver. I expected him to pitch a squalling fit, but he said he knew the Ford was a flamer, wasn't paying attention and just got too close, so he had no one to blame but himself.