Best/cheapest parts, where, need Oil Pressure sender for 91?

Guest wally888

Guest wally888

Part # for 91 is different than earlier models!

Part # for 91 is <span style="text-decoration: underline">????</span>

Just replaced 13 months ago.

Can use the earlier sender but will read high. 91 "L" engine raised the relief setting to 60 psi and the analog gauge scale changed from 0-80 to 0-120.

p/n for 91 only is 25605389 grp 1.800 but I cannot find one.

Autozone lists the Duralast / Oil Pressure Switch With gauge 4 terminals PS227 for $19.99

I don't know, I always buy Delco also. OTOH the question included "cheap" (not "inexpensive") and have had good luck with AZ (part is probably made by Wells & is a good aftermarket company).

In fact I have so many fail that I usually keep a spare around.

This is an easy part to change (little harder than a spark plug if you have the right socket - have even changed one on the side of the road with a pair of pliers) so might try "something else".

Guest wally888

Thanks everyone!

Local Buick Dealer wants $84+tax and last one only lasted 13 months. Last one was about $40 so am still looking for better price.

Changing on an earlier model is a 5 minute job, on a 91 (body of sender and it's location are different) is a pain=can't get anything around/on it, to grab and turn.

I have bought over the counter from the local AC Delco jobber before, think the one for a "C" engine was around $38. "L" engine is more common.

Have changed one on my 92 TranSport ("L") with no difficulty but location may be different.