Artistic feedback, please

Barry Wolk

I commissioned an artist to do a painting commemorating our car's trophy at the Glenmoor Gathering of Significant Automobiles. The artist, Chris Osborne, http://www.ChrisOArt.com, excels in placing famous figures with automobiles. She sells her work on-line and travels the Concours circuit where she has gained significant recognition.

I wanted the piece to be commercially viable but personal at the same time. The artist that did the painting of my Continental Mark II convertible has sold hundreds of prints. I love the exposure. Chris provided me with two concepts for the final work. I'm torn between them and I'm hesitant to ruin the surprise by asking Glynette. Your take?

22.jpg

33.jpg

2.jpg

sc00c4e7f5.jpg

sc00c4d155.jpg

My mother was an artist so I grew up around art. The first concept would be the pick if you are after a "show field" atmosphere. The second concept would be if you are after a more elegant setting. That sketch looks to me like Steve is walking out of a very nice, old hotel and admiring your car as he heads for his car. The other one is as if he was a spectator at the show.

For me, I like the second concept.

I like the one with the golf cart, but without the cart would be better. Less busy is better. If you want to show that it's a golf course, a flag and hole would be less obtrusive. The drawing with the building just seems to be taking attention from the actual car and people theme.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the one with the golf cart, but without the cart would be better. Less busy is better. If you want to show that it's a golf course, a flag and hole would be less obtrusive. The drawing with the building just seems to be taking attention from the actual car and people theme. </div></div>

If you use the first one, leave the golf cart out of it. It couldn't look more out of place.