Body Shop Needed.

Guest David H.

Guest David H.

Hello,

I am looking for a professional, reputable and reliable body shop for a cab restoration of a '29 coupe. I am located in central New Jersey and would appreciate any leads. Please email me at seagrave@comcast.net

Thank you

Dave

Guest simplyconnected

David, call your car insurance company. They have a list of reputable body shops. From that list, start calling and asking if they do classic or antique body restorations. You are in a very good location with lots of skilled tradesmen with facilities and resources to do specialty body work. Again, if a particular shop can't help, they know who is good; just ask.

Guest palosfv3

I dont believe that an insurance agent or carrier will be able to provide a knowledgeable restoration shop referal. If so, be somewhat careful as the insurance industry usually focuses on who is the cheapest repairer . Check with your local car clubs in your area .

Guest simplyconnected

AAA of Michigan does. They give a list of authorized and recommended shops exactly for this purpose. Some car owners have NO idea where to bring their cars.

If an insured brings his damaged car to a AAA AUTHORIZED collision shop, they won't make the customer wait for an appraiser to estimate damages for the claim, which could take several days before work begins. The authorized shop takes pictures and immediately starts gathering parts.

Choice of collision shops is still the insured's option. You might be apprehensive because you live in Chicago, where they FLEECE car owners for every repair. I know, I was born at 6000W (Austin Ave) and 800N (Chicago Ave) in Oak Park. Boston is the same, as far as fleecing customers. Detroit repair prices are far lower.

He needs restoration work done. He needs to add what level he is looking for, cheap and together to fine point Model A club.

Body shops that do insurance work generally do not do restoration work. If they do, they do not do it well.

He also has to be careful as there are many stories about guys waiting excessive times for the work to get done. Plus they pay huge amounts of money to have the work done. Often it is cheaper and just as good quality to buy the tools and do it yourself.

Talk to local guys that do their own restoration work.

Contact the guy who runs this website. He does restoration work and may be able to help.

Autobody store in NJ

There is also Hibernia restorations in NJ.

Hibernia