GM to throw in 25 shares of stock with purchase of new Pontiac!

Guest steakneggs

Steak,

Is this for real? Doesn't seem like a promotion likely to attract much interest from the average car buyer.

If not, I could joke that at the rate it's going you could use the stock certificates as disposable floor mats.

On a more serious note, I hope they pull through this mess. I am getting very worried about the General. Heck, I am worried about Chrysler and Ford too, even though I don't much care for their cars.

KDirk

Guest simplyconnected

It worked for Lee. During the Chrysler near-collapse, he took stock options for pay. After the K-car sales and UAW concessions pulled them through, he was a very wealthy man.

Guest steakneggs

I searched for the stock offer online and couldn't find it. Today I read that GM will be investing their reputation on the plug-in 40 mile-range Chevy Volt, available in 2010. It also has a gas engine so that you don't have to carry an extension chord. Warren Brown of the Washington Post says that the big three should be saved at any cost because it will drag down the whole country with them otherwise. He even went so far as to recommend a kind of government/corporate merger to produce more fuel efficient vehicles. Here we go Komrades. Steak

At the rate things are going, GM will be lucky to survive 2009. I'm confident (hopeful) that the guvmint will step in and assist. Trouble is, the Volt will have to be flawless right out of the gate or the general public will completely give up on their products; with competing makes' plug-in hybrids coming to market shortly thereafter if GM's quality and reliability are sub-par, they're through.

Sad that its come to this.

While waiting to see a radiologist yesterday, I read a

very compelling article to help GM. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Forbes magazine 11/10/08</span>.

Note: The previously low cost guarenteed loans made to

GM have been repaid and the Government made money.

Regards,

matthewlawe

89 White/Blue

Try and get the actual paper certificates.

That wat you can at least burn them when the time comes.

I read that Toyota won't be asking for G money even though it was offered.