'25 Sedan transmission question

Profyrfyter

I just looked at my mechanics manual for the amount of transmission lubricant and I just want to confirm with someone who's dealt with them before. For my car number the book recommends 4 PINTS of heavy weight oil, is that correct? That doesn't seem like a lot..... My next question is a little on the ignorant side, I know where to drain the oil from, but where do I fill it?

Oh and one more just for fun, what does the transmission lock do (the key hole).

Thanks for the help!

Dave

You are better off learning how to do everything yourself, its not difficult to learn and you are going to find out quick that noone is going to care for your car as well as you would

These cars are pretty crude ol' things! Like 1930 says, they are not difficult, so most of the time it is just a matter of getting use to them. I can't say any of my DB clutches works all that smooth and everyone of them feel different. Clutch adjustment is a simple clevis to screw in or out. Just make sure there is plenty of free play in the pedal when you let up on it.

At the risk of being repetitive, 1930 & dwollam are so right. I was putting off replacing the clutch in my 1931 DH6 and I finally broke it down to: no money to pay someone else to do it, I've got skills, did it years ago, can't be that tough (except for the black widows), so I did it. The adjustment thing was the easy part. John

Hmmmm.... well I guess I'll do some reading up on the tranny and see what I can do myself. I'm not afraid to try things, I've just NEVER messed with a transmission before other than changing the fluids. I guess if all else fails I'll be on here asking some more questions!!! haha

Dave

Dave Profyrfyter: Where in California are you located? If you are in northern California, I may be close enough to help you out. I live in southern Oregon about 45 miles north of California off of Interstate 5. John