29 Series 65 Roadster front seat underpinnings/base

Narve N

I have been struggling for years to determine how the front seat of the Series 65 Roadster was attached to the floor. Would it be a wooden platform, or a metal base? Although I have 3 Roadsters, none had the original seats when they arrived. So, is anyone on this forum with a similar car able to provide me pictures or measures?

I made the same quest in WPC Club a few years back, and got some response from members which I believe are active on this forum as well, but unfortunately I believe their cars had another design than mine. As Series 65 was the smallest in the Chrysler line-up with likely a fixed front seat, it is more likely that a DeSoto or Plymouth would be the same than a Series 75 or newer Chrysler - with the exeption of a Series 66 maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to help out the best I can: Here are three images, the first shows what appears to be an original seat, the second is Mike's floor as copied from original with two notches to secure the seat, and the 3rd is also from Mike's car showing the seat base intended to fit into the notches. This is the most likely way the seatbases were made I have seen yet. It's entirely wooden structure also explains why so little of the original seatbase normally survives (none of the three cars I have has anything left).

Narve

CRSeteOR1.jpg

chrysseatframe3.jpg

chrysseatframe4.jpg

As rear axle pinions and rear end internals goes, most Mopars of the area should offer some of the parts. The gear ratio of the 65 Roadster is however unique to the open cars in that series, meaning that in addition to sourcing any other Roadster you would have to look for one of the 71 Tourings made for the correct ratio.

Narve