27 or 28 pontiac help needed

Guest Xprefix28truck

Guest Xprefix28truck

I purchased a pontiac. Was told it was a 29. It doesn't have the middle bar in radiator so was thinking it must be 27 or 28. I haven't found tags yet. Where is the tag located to identify? thanks

I have two 1928's. One has a tag on the rear just below where the spare tire would mount and the other has one inside the right rear fender wheel. Two others I have seen had them on the rear like the first one I mentioned. Thanks JO BO

Do you have 10 or 12 spokes in the wheels, is your rad cross flow or not, do you have a torque tube or hotchkiss steering, do you have front wheel brakes, are your back brakes internal expanding or external contracting, do you have a step in your fenders or are they smooth. The right combination of answerw would confirn the series of you Pontiac. Pontiac did not use year designations until 1932.

Series 6-27 "Chief of the Sixes" were built from Dec. 1925 until March 1927. Considered to be 1926 cars.

Series 6-27 "The New and Finer Pontiac Six" were built from March until July 1927. Considered to be 1927 cars.

Series 6-27 built from July 1927 to Dec. 1927 wer considered to be first series 1928's.

Series 6-28 "The New Series Pontiac Six" built from Dec 1927 until July 1928 are considered true 1928's.

Series 6-28 built from August until November were considered to be 1929's.

Series 6-29 "The New Pontiac Big Six" built from December 1928 until June 1929 were considered to be true 1929's.

Series 6-29A built from August 1929 until December were considered early 1930's.

Series 6-30B "The New Series Pontiac Big Six" were built from January 1930 until October 1930.

Guest Xprefix28truck

Ok I feel like an idiot....It does have the middle bar in the radiator. It is a crossflow radiator. There are 10 spokes to each wheel. The brakes on all four wheels are internal expanding. The only tag I could find is the Fisher Body tag.. job number 30309 Body number 21323. I don' know about the steering, as I'm not that well versed in the difference. I hope this helps. All info and help appreciated, Kent Moore

Guest Xprefix28truck

Are early Pontiacs rare? I haven't found many parts...nor cars for sale. If this is going to be hard to find parts for I may just help others out with parts. I dont need much except a complete hood. {All the hinges are rusted and seperated}. Needs outer door handles. This car doesn't have side mount spares. Has a little rust in the lower cowl area. And 1 fender has a little rust in the lower area by the running board. The worst part of the whole car is that it needs wood.... Kent

Guest Xprefix28truck

Tom, I will let you know if I decide to part it out. I hate the thought of parting cars..I DON'T LIKE TO DO IT. But unfortunatly parts have to come from somewhere. I really would like to restore it. But all here will get chance before Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...