Looking for info on Rajo Jack's early 1920s dirt track racer

Guest coaltownkid

Guest cowboy76

Looking for furthur info, (ANYTHING!!!!), on Rajo Jack's early 1920s dirt track racer, pictured in Don Radbruch's book, "Dirt Track Auto Racing", pages 11 & 12.

I'm in the midst of reserching it and studying the photos of it, its chassis engineering, quarter elliptical springs, etc. I'm in the slow process of collecting parts, and modifying a T frame as per this and another similar speedster/dirt track car was built of the time period.

<span style="font-weight: bold">GOAL</span> - <span style="font-style: italic">Build a true period correct dirt track racer that would have been seen anywhere USA in the mid to late 1920s on your local track. Build it using various older tooling, etc. immersing oneself for historical and educational experience and reasons. Paying homage, having fun and learning at the same time.

</span>

Thanks a million in advance fellas!

Here's the photos in question (forgive my scanner, it did its best with blowing up a photo from a halftone picture in a book)

70695.jpg

70696.jpg

• 1 month later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, I've never seen photos of RAJO Jacks first race car. Bill LaRosa has had his circa 1930 Dirt Car restored since the late 1960's and was the last car Jack raced I believe. As niceas the AACA Forum is you REALLY need to post this entire request with photos on the HAMB website, place is FULL of vintage race car guys more than willing to help you with this project. I'll did through my Pre WWII issues of Throttle magazine, I think there was a feature on Jack in one issue. Good luck with the project! </div></div>

Another place for Rajo Jack information, photos and a great repository for these photos would be the RacingHistory group. www.racinghistory.org

1,000 members discussing pre-1970 American open wheel, oval track racing.

Enjoy!

• 3 years later...
Guest Bluesdude55

Just found the attached photo in my files and researched it a bit. I don't have any info except for the stamp on the back that references "Douthett Photography, Los Angeles, CA". Possibly this was at Ascot? My father was a racer in California in the 40's and 50's in the Bay Area San Jose Speedway, Salinas, Fresno areas, midgets and 40 fords from what I can dig up.

post-82433-143138803155_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bluesdude55 (see edit history)