78 regal turbo 2bbl

Guest elk93001

Guest elk93001

Perhaps someone with ome knowledge of these vehicles can help.

I have a 1978 Regal 2bbl Turbo. It is silver like my 79 but with blue interior. I don't necessarily want to modify it so much that it loses its originality (only 2600 or so were made with the 2bbl and only in 78) I am having trouble with the turbo control center. It seems to have recently failed, as the car will not start unless it is disconnected and a few pins from one of its connectors are "jumpered" as indicated in the service manual.

Does anybody that may have knowledge of these vehicles know if there are schematics for this item? I know that these are obsolete,NOS is probably non-existent at this point, and I don't want to jumper wires to run the car. I know that Lloyd Reuss was instrumental in this vehicle at some time and later retired as president of GM in the early 90's,not sure if he is an active member on the forum, perhaps he could shed light on this item, I would be eternally grateful. I'm not really looking to start some kind of business from this, just want to run the car as GM intended. Please let me know where I could turn next

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Guest elk93001

Roberta,

Just sent an emailout to Mr. Frakes.

Thanks for the tip.

I really like these cars and the turbo with the 2bbl is kind of like finding a needle in a haystack, finding the Turbo control center is worse than that smile.gif

Larry Klesser