1930 Dodge Brothers 4 door Sedan

skogen

I have located a barn find, Dodge Brothers 4 door sedan. I believe it is a 1930. The car has a 6 cylinder motor, wood spoked wheels, wooden running boards, all original glass, has a rear mount touring trunk and a rear mount spare tire. VIN DAS9937 Also located in the paperwork is "4S", what ever that means. I currently do not have easy access to the car. Can anyone tell me anything about this car. Not having a clue on how to attach an image to this posting, I have a photo of the front of the vehicle which I can email to an interested party.

Skogen- Pull back the carpet or rubber mat on the passenger side to expose the VIN plate attached to the wooden toeboard. Here you will probably find the actual VIN which is probably incorrect on your paperwork. These tin ID tags are notoriously hard to read and your "VIN DAS9937" is more than likely DA59937. There is definitely no "S" after the "DA" in the actual VIN on this vehicle. My 1929 DA Sports Phaeton has an actual VIN of DA59129, but some DMV worker somewhere misread the final digit, so my paperwork says DA59128. By the way, if your VIN plate is missing or illegible, you will find the VIN stamped on the passenger side frame rail just to the rear of the rear front spring mount. (i.e., Just to the rear of the "dog-bone"). You might have to scrape some paint to find it.

Joe

• 4 months later...
Guest Hugh32

Hello Skogen,

If the car is for sale I am interested. Where is it located??

If you have a scanner, scan the photo. It should then go to your " My Pictures" file. Left click on the photo, this will bring up a list. Run your cursor to 'send to' then right click on 'mail recipient' An email 'new message' window will open with your photo attached. I am new to this site, but Im sure they have instructions on how to add a photo to a posting.

I found a 1932 DH for sale, $3250 but it has no fenders. They seem to be hard to find and expensive.

Hope to hear from you if the automobile is for sale.

Hugh Goetz h.goetz@comcast.net

Guest Hugh32

Keiser 31,

I need four for a 32 4 dr sedan 6cyl. If you hear of any PLEASE let me know. I found one NOS right for $1000, but that's too pricey for me. Thanks, Hugh