Sign in to follow this  
DADDIO65

1939 barn find.....finally a few pictures of my Zephyr

Here is a few more new pictures of the old Lincoln. I just was installing a new windshield, and rear windows, I also got the dash polished up a bit. I finally go the fender skirts to fit right after a little pursuading. SLOWLY, old Abe is coming together.

post-58346-143138069744_thumb.jpg

post-58346-143138069755_thumb.jpg

post-58346-143138069764_thumb.jpg

post-58346-143138069775_thumb.jpg

Finally after months of waiting and working, my V-12 will be in my hands. I am going to pick it up Friday night after work and start assembling it. I'll keep you all updated as to how it goes with pictures, comments and I'm sure plenty of my countless questions. Thanks for the help everyone in advance!!! I'll get pictures listed asap, old Abe has really come a long way since my last posting.

Jeff

I still can't get over the $800.00 price. You could probably pay for the car by selling the V8 that you extricated from the it. It is REALLY looking sweet and shiny.

Ok, all is well with "Old Abe". I have put several hundred miles on the old boy, an it runs really well....

New project... I aquired a radio, and with a little tinkering and such I got it up and running. Everything seems to work properly on it. I would like to install it in my "39" however I really dont want to drill into it until I know exactly where it is supposed to go. I was told that inside the engine compartment there were dimples as to where this was to be drilled? I can't seem to locate them.

Would any of you happen to have any pictures you would be willing to share from both under the dash and in the engine compartment? They would be most helpful. Thanks again for all of the help. Oh, I did get some mounting hardware with this radio one crooked bold with a wing nut on it, another straight bolt with a wing nut on it, 2 triangular type brackets, and 2 pieces of flat stock bolted together?? Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Daddio