55 Ford brake job

Hi.. my first post. I plan on doing a brake job on my mostly original 55 Customline. A nice winter project as the snow flies outside! I'm marginally mechanical... with the help of friends! Any particular suprises in store with the 55? Should I rebuild or replace the wheel cylinders? TBird or Kanter for a brake rebuild "kit". Thanks..

Guest simplyconnected

All of your parts are available. I see they are selling your brake hoses for $27.90+ on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/55-56-57-...d=p4506.c0.m245

Don't worry if you miss this auction, they sell these sets all the time.

I bought my hoses from rockauto.com, thinking they were domestic (because they were more expensive). When they came, MADE IN CHINA was clearly marked on each bag. Now, I wish I had bought the Argentina-eBay hoses. Live and learn.

A very important part of your brake job includes fresh DOT-3 brake fluid AND a good master cylinder cap to keep moisture out. Another important point is, keep all petroleum products FAR AWAY from your brake system. Don't clean with gas, use alcohol. I like to wrap bleeder and flair nut threads with teflon tape.