FS 1964 Barracuda Valiant

I have a 64 Plymouth Barracuda that must be sold. Runs great, 273 V8 engine rebuilt at 100k miles (total 135K miles) and has push button auto transmission. All numbers match. Needs minor cosmetic work. I cannot seem to figure out how to attach a pic here. I will send pics to anyone who asks for them. 1964 Plymouth Barracuda Valiant, asking $5000 Located in Turner, OR USA

Contact Linda at lpete301@wbcable.net or call 503-743-3927

It is in Turner, Oregon in the United States. This is just outside Salem, Oregon. Sorry to confuse you. There is a possibility that my uncle might be able to deliver the car to a buyer for the price of gas to drive it there, a bus ticket home and a small amount for his time. Let me know if your interested. Thanks for looking. Linda

I spoke to my uncle today and he is more than happy to deliver the car. He said he would enjoy a road trip. Delivery cost would be extra on top of the asking price. It would depend on distance. He needs the cost of gas and a bus ticket home and $$ for food on the trip. Anyone interested contact me at 503-743-3927 or email to lpete301@wbcable.net

• 4 months later...

1965 ???

The taillights make me think that this is a 1965, not a 1964 model -- at least from the shape of other Valiants of those years the circular backup light was 1965, the '64 had a rectangular horizontal backup light below the brake/tail light. Some states registered vehicles by the 1st year in which they were registered - a '65 registered in Sept-Dec, 1964 might be registered as a '64. ????

Confidential to Barracudalover - the pushbutton transmission means that it is an automatic, and the photo shows it to be a 3-speed torqueflite automatic, among the most dependable.

We had a '66 -- loved it -- passed it along to a friend -- he lost it in Hurricane Katrina. Wish I had room for it -- looks solid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marty Roth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1965 ???

The taillights make me think that this is a 1965, not a 1964 model -- at least from the shape of other Valiants of those years the circular backup light was 1965, the '64 had a rectangular horizontal backup light below the brake/tail light. Some states registered vehicles by the 1st year in which they were registered - a '65 registered in Sept-Dec, 1964 might be registered as a '64. ????

Confidential to Barracudalover - the pushbutton transmission means that it is an automatic, and the photo shows it to be a 3-speed torqueflite automatic, among the most dependable.

We had a '66 -- loved it -- passed it along to a friend -- he lost it in Hurricane Katrina. Wish I had room for it -- looks solid.</div></div>

The 1964 Barracuda had the very same tail light assemblies as the 1965s. The standard Valiant in 1964 had the small square backup light.

post-37352-143138049511_thumb.jpg

KEISER31,

Thanks for the detail on the '64-'65 tail lights. We had a 1964 V-200 Sedan, and more recently a 1966 Barracuda, but I did not know the distinction on the original 'cuda's unique (for the year) lights -- ours were both great cars -- too bad the '66 was lost to Katrina