35hp Atlas motor

Sampson 35

I believe some 1911 - 1912 Stoddard-Dayton's used an Atlas engine manufactured by Atlas Engine Works (Indianopolis) as I am looking for a few engine parts.

Does anyone know of a 1911 - 1912 Stoddard-Dayton chassis possibly the "Savoy" or "Stratford" or some one who may be able to help

Thank You

Regards Dave

• 2 years later...
I believe some 1911 - 1912 Stoddard-Dayton's used an Atlas engine manufactured by Atlas Engine Works (Indianopolis) as I am looking for a few engine parts.

Does anyone know of a 1911 - 1912 Stoddard-Dayton chassis possibly the "Savoy" or "Stratford" or some one who may be able to help

Thank You

Regards Dave

I read somewhere years ago that the smaller line of Stoddard Daytons used the Atlas Motor. The early Stoddard's used a Rutenber Motor.

Rutenber Motor Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi- I asked Greg (of the Avanti restoration thread fame!), as he has a 1912 Stoddard, and his response on the Atlas engine is:

Yes, Stoddard used Rutenber for a while early on, then designed and built their own. The thing is that Stoddard really covered the price field by offering many different cars at the same time. Not just SD emblems but like Courier cars too. Varying horsepower rated engines of different sizes and configurations, they had had it all T head, flat head, overhead, sleeve valve, and even installed Atlas engines in some later on.

• 2 weeks later...