Looking for 25 Roadster Top Saddle, Trade Touring Saddle Or Buy

Guest oldodgeboys

Guest oldodgeboys

I 'm looking for a right-hand-side Top Saddle Clamp for my 25 DB roadster.

I can purchase the saddle, or I have a left-hand-side Top Saddle Clamp for a touring car that I will trade. This part is in VG condition. It shows, "PATD JAN 8 07 GILLIAM". It has the same basic mount as the mount on my roadster saddle, which is believed to be correct.

If I can’t find a correct saddle for my roadster, I will modify the touring saddle to work...this will not be reversible. I don’t want to cut and weld a rare historical part.

I can email pictures to you. Attempting to post an image here has been frustrating, as many people have stated.

Thanks for helping

Gus

Guest oldodgeboys

Wow, now that's weird...I was just about to reply to your posting with some info.

I have not seen part numbers on any saddles...anywhere. Of the saddles I have and others I have seen, they all say 'Gilliam'. Some have a Patent date, some say 'Pat Pend'. I think the saddles may have been dealer installed or after-market, but not DB, not sure though.

I can email pictures of the one saddle that I do have. Can you send your email address? Or send an email to me and I will reply with pictures.

My email is: oldodgeboys@yahoo.com

The pictures are at work, so I can send them Wednesday.

Thanks, Gus.

Guest oldodgeboys

It does appear that the saddles are after-market, especially with "Gilliam" cast into the part.

But I do believe that Gilliam made correct saddles for a 25 DB roadster, and the goal is to find them.

Guest oldodgeboys

Thanks for posting the pictures Jan. None of these will work for me though.

I did find a number on my correct left-side saddle for a '25 roadster...its '90' or '06' in very small numbers located near the pivot pin. There is no 'L' or 'R'. The small size, poor casting, and corrosion make me wonder about the number accuracy, but its my best guess.

I did find a drawing of a '25 touring clamp in the Fleet Owners guide book. The picture is similar to my existing clamp so I am on the right track. The listing also indicates that there <span style="text-decoration: underline">is</span> a factory association with the saddles.

Gus