BCA Presence at Hershey?

Guest BJM

Pete... wish I could have been there.

The Hershey BCA tent is something Buick club members look forward to visiting every year.

I think every Chapter should have a tent at a major show/swap meet in their area. Often one or two members already have a swap space, this could be expanded into two or three spaces, someone could provide shade, the Buick club members would have a place to stop and rest. Put up your club banner and hand out BCA applications and answer Buick questions.

This is a great way to add new members to both the BCA and your Chapter.

I would like to hear from chapters that already do this....

post them here or send me an email.

Guest my3buicks

We walked around the tent reading the listings on the walls, had a cookie, and left without anyone speaking or even asking us if we where members or not. Stopped back later and signed the book.

On a side note, is BCA membership trending up, staying even, or still going down. Avrage age? Has anyone done statistical research lately?

Keith......not being there (this time) I'm guessing, some of the others there were like you...just passing through and/or resting.

Many time there are only one or two BCA members manning the tent and they are busy talking to someone, they don't stop to greet everyone that comes in.