Dash pad removal tool, how do you use it ?

Guest NEMO

This tool has been discribed, BUT how is it used to releace the clips.Such as, the bent side down or up, pull or push to releace clips,or pry with tool,or twist? The tool sounds like it will help only if you know how to use it.

I will describe as best I can,

Take a piece of lightweight steel about 8" long 1/2" wide and about 1/16" thick. Bend it in an "L" shape aprox. 4" on each side of the bend. Then bend 1 side over aprox 1/8". That 1/8" lip will need to be ground to fit in the grove between the soft vinyl dash and the large hard vinyl panel. It is to hook under the hard panel at the points I measured in my previous post on the side farthest from the windshield/closest to you.

You simply pull straight up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAVES89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanted to send it to you so you could do the picture and keep it for when you might.

If Ronnie still doesn't want it I will send it to anyone who will post the picture. </div></div>Below is a photo of the dash pad removal tool. Thanks to Dave for providing the tool for the photo. The tool is made of 1/16" metal. It measures 2-1/2" x 2-1/8". The lip in the end protrudes out 1/8"

post-52331-143138015679_thumb.jpg

post-52331-143138015681_thumb.jpg