Host hotel ??

Guest windjamer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anyone know the name of the host hotel for Gettysburg?? </div></div>

Have to wonder if Gettysburg Region has finalized the arrangements with the host hotel including the number of rooms and rates involved?

Sure hope when things are finalized Gettysburg Region gets the word out, A.S.A.P.

Some AACA members like myself have to plan for vacation time in January for the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks West, I called the reagon pres. but eather he is to busy or maby on vac. as he did not return my call. </div></div>

windjamer, after you speak with the Gettysburg Region President please let us know what he has to say.

I am really interested to know what the room rate is for this Meet, how one goes about getting it (ie just ask for the AACA Rate?),

and when the host hotel will start taking reservations (now, after January 1, 2009 or when?).

Unfortunately few of our members use the internet or monitor this form. To date there have been meetings regarding the spring meet and the schedules, tours, etc are being discussed / finalized. The meet is May 28th, 29th and 30th (Saturday).

As West stated the host hotel is the Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center (717-334-8121 ask for Mary Lou). I believe rooms are $110 per night plus tax. I just made my reservations today.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest windjamer

Charlie, I have still not rec a return call, But thanks to Ron at least we know the name of the hotel.I checked hotels .com,and they show a average rate of 76 bucks per night. I know thats because of this time of year,but being the smart a-- I called the # listed and was told sorry,no rooms avail. Guess the reagion must have all rooms blocked. We done the same here in Binghamton. Im sorry to say there are a couple hotels with a lower rate and much better reviews. Think Ill wate a mo. and check again. Ron if you have any more info., sure would be nice to share.

Dick,

We have another meeting coming up for the spring meet and I will mention the room issue. I just booked my room last week. I too had issues trying to reserve a room the first couple of times a few weeks ago. Ask for Mary Lou and there should not be any problems. All the rooms are reserved for this meet. The Eisenhower is a great place so I am unsure what reviews you are reading?

There are numerous hotels close by however I believe the rates are only slightly lower than what the host hotel is asking ($110 per). Gettysburg is a tourist hub and to get a cheap room it may require one to travel to Carlisle, etc?

Guest windjamer

Thanks Ron, The reviews I was talking about came from posting on hotels .com.There where not that many and they where split. The rate IS reasonable and I will probably call Mary this week. Never stayed in a host hotel and was so busy at our own show I realy didnt check out what was going on. At least I can check the hospitalty room.

Guest quadfins

I checked around, and the rate seemed as good or better than other hotels in the area. I have found that it is quite worthwhile to stay in the host hotel. The convenience to events is one factor, but I just like to be able to wander through the parking lot and ogle the cars, any time, day or night. I made my reservation last week, and they did have rooms available at the AACA rate.

BTW, where will the show field be?

Dick, What a coincidence you brought this up.

On the way down to Maryland for a friend's wedding I made a little detour and checked out the Host Hotel on Friday afternoon.

I could only spend a few minutes driving around their facility but at least I got a lay of the land. The grounds look to be VERY Nice for as AACA event.

There was a gathering of dog owners (Siberian Husky I believe) at the facility so there were a lot of people and dogs out and about.

From what I was told by my friend, I did not see the entire facility which I hope is true.

Maybe when the time is appropriate Ron can comment on where the car trailer parking will be for this event???

Thanks again Ron for the information.

The inquiries regarding the show field and trailer parking are in the process of being discussed. Our region didn't have the typical amount of time for planning this meet so it is a work in progress. There is a connected adjacent large facility that is owned by the hotel and will probably be used for the show field.

Ron, thanks for the additional information.

BTW, I called the host hotel today and made a reservation with Mary Lou. She is a nice and helpful lady.

Here is some additional information she told me:

- $110/night + tax

- No minimum stay requirements

- Cancellation policy is 24 hours prior without penalty

- Check In is after 3pm

- Check Out is by 11am

I gave her a credit card number to make my reservation.

Some of the rooms have multiple beds (2 Queen size or 2 Doubles) plus a sofa bed in some cases.

Having multiple beds like that might make it possible for some AACA members to share a room if the cost per room is a concern.

Guest windjamer

Resaerved my room yesterday. show field next to hotel (maby) sure would be nice. Keep us informed Ron I will pass the word here. Dick

Hi,

Can I ask a dumb question, are you referring to the 2010 Packard National Meet in Gettysburg or is there another (AACA) meet there in 2009?

Thanks

Guest windjamer

Good morning all, I rec. a phone call last night from a Mr. Heller confirming all that Ron has told us. He also confirmed that the meet field will be next to the host hotel. Its NOT to early to start planing now, maby we could get a parade of cars from up state NY to go togather. might evan make it a kind of mini tour. Im only eight miles from the PA border and have a PA.frend driving down with me. What do you think???? Dick

Dick... from what you posted it appears that the car show will be located on the grounds of the "Allstar Events Complex" which is just a few minutes walk from the hotel.

The Allstar Complex has a blacktop parking lot in front of the building.

More importantly, there are large grassy areas around that parking lot and all around the building.

When I stopped by the Hotel a couple of weeks ago I drove around this area and thought it would be a nice place for the car show field.

I agree that it is not too soon for some of us to be planning for this event.

Beleive it ot not some people have to put in for vacation time at work in December or January for the upcoming year.

Personally, I already have 7 car events penciled in on my 2009 calendar.

Given the geographic location of this event, I cannot help but wonder just how BIG the Car Show is going to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Given the geographic location of this event, I cannot help but wonder just how BIG the Car Show is going to be. </div></div>

There is a major difference in planning a 500 car show to a 900 plus car show. The last national at Carlisle we did 5 years ago I believe had 1,300 vehicles registered, however it rained. This meet in my opinion definitely has the potential for a huge turnout.

We have a committee meeting this coming Tuesday and I will make all aware of the inquiries on this form. As posted the show will be held next door at the Allstar Events Complex which has 3 huge grass fields and 1 paved area. There are still many details to be worked out, parking, trailers, tours, etc.