1989 Buick Riviera sunroof leaks

speedgoddess

Hi, can anyone help me to figure out where my sunroof drains are in the back. It makes for a wet interior in a downpour! I cleaned the track, front drains: they were clogged, and if I knew where the rear ones were I think it would solve my problem. I can't find any info on alldata, so I thought someone out there might be able to help me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ursula

Ursula,

You might try removing only one sail panel (removing the bottom back seat first makes life easier), surrounding headliner plastic trim over the door, coathanger hook, and gently pulling down the headliner fiberboard just enough to access/fix that side's drain. Then reattach all that stuff on that side. Repeat the process on the other side. This way you won't have to totally remove the headliner fiberboard which most likely can get bent/creased or broken if you try to pull the fiberboard out of the car without ALOT of care. There's a trick to removing the headliner fiberboard. You have to set the passenger seat in a total recline and all the way back, gently bend the fiberboard and slide it through the passenger side door opening. Good luck and let us know of your success.