Jump to content

HPOF Certification


40phil41
 Share

Recommended Posts

no. If I were you, I'd try HPOF at a national meet, if you don't get it, then go for DPC next time out.

HPOF is based on an average of percentages. the four areas of the car will be looked at. interior, exterior, engine and chassis the people looking at the car, will come up with a percentage of orginality for those areas. then the team captain will add those percentages together, then divide by 4. if that final figure above I beleive (i don't have the book at the moment) 65% then you will get your certification.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

novaman is correct, and it's important to note that some items within the 4 categories are worth a lot of points. For example, the engine category: Carb, fuel system, ignition, wiring, and radiator are 10 % each, but engine finish is 50%. So if you repaint your engine, you are already down 12.5% of the total score.

Exterior paint is 50% as is upholstery.

Scott

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

I just inherited a 1948 Nash from my family and intend to keep it for ever. It is a wonderful original car. Chrome, upholstry, engine compartment, glass, wiring etc. all orginal. I put a new set of wide white wall correct bias tires on it as the old tires were dry rotten and a correct tar top battery under the seat. The paint is like this, the top down to the belt line is all original, but my uncle had the car painted from the belt line down approximately 25 years ago, due to it being warn through. I wish he had left it alone but what is done is done. How bad would that lower body repaint hurt me for HPOF?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From your post I would say most likely it would not really hurt you for HPOF as long as the engine, chassis and interoir are orginal. You'd have the same deal as Overdrive was saying. You'd lose 50% on exterior, which would be 12.5% over the overall score leaving you with a 87.5% orginal score which would get the certifcation. The tires, as long as they are correct, I believe will basically be overlooked as old cracked tire would be a saftey issue. If there are other issues and you don't get the HPOF, there is DPC which you can leave it orginal as it is and get the DPC Certifcation. But go the the HPOF first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...