A new home for the Woodie

Bill Stoneberg

Due to the recent economic downturn, I have to find a new home for my 1950 Buick woodie.

I am really sorry to see it go and I really hope you dont believe me as I am pulling your leg.

In reality, the Woodie DROVE (thats right DROVE) from the shop where it has spent the past few years sitting while getting new wood to the shop where it its going to get some paint touch up. Not real exciting but pretty neat considering the car has not moved and stopped and steered by itself probably since 1972 or so.

In a hectic day full of phone calls and meetings, that was one phone call I liked to get.

Guest imported_Thriller

Congrats Bill...that's always a good feeling of accomplishment.

Stevo - I think you are confusing Matt with Adam...both of which I'm sure would like to see progress on their respective projects mind you.

Derek,

You are absolutely correct, I must be having a breakdown just like our financial system.

Adam, There is hope for the Limited.

Matt, Keep working on the Century.

I must be working too hard outside getting things packed away and covered up and, and, and, and....there is no end to this.

Stevo

• 1 year later...
Guest studeclunker

Due to the recent economic downturn, I have to find a new home for my 1950 Buick woodie.

I am really sorry to see it go and I really hope you don't believe me as I am pulling your leg.

Does this mean you're selling the car? What a bummer!:(

I was wondering, the structure behind the rear doors, is it wood or just applied? Would you be willing to share some pictures of the re-construction project? that is, if you and the shop took some, I hope?

edit:

Ooooohhh, I get it. Slow, I may be...:o I'd still be interested in project pictures.:D

Edited by studeclunker
DUH!! (see edit history)