300 engine parts for sale from64 4 barl.

restoring a64 apollo. would like to find a posi rear end for the 63 style skylark rear-end and the correct motor mounts for the 300 engine. also looking for finned valve covers without manuf. name.

Guest John Chapman

Rob,<P>'64 Apollo? Do you mean Skylark/Special?<P>Can't help with the rear end for a '63, but try Buick Farm and Hemmings Motor News if you don't get a post from this group.<P>300 motor mounts are available from NAPA, Year One and Buick Farm. NAPA was the least expensive and with luck, they'll have them in stock.<P>I've never seen finned aluminum valve covers for the 300 that didn't have 'Offenhauser' or 'Edlebrock' cast in them, and I've looked everywhere I could think of.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

John,<BR>Apollos were made between 1963-65. The bodies were manufactured in Italy by Intermeccanica, then shipped to the US to have a Buick engine and drive train installed. They were assembled by Milt Brown in Oakland using 215 Buick V-8's followed in late 1964 by the 300 engine. All vehicles used the Skylark suspension and driveline from 1963. There were 77 coupes made, and 11 convertibles. We are restoring one of the convertibles.<BR>You might be interested in the Intermeccanica website - <A HREF="http://www.intermeccanica.org" TARGET=_blank>www.intermeccanica.org</A> - for more information on the car.<BR>Thanks for the info on the motor mounts.<BR>-Rob<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Chapman:<BR><B>Rob,<P>'64 Apollo? Do you mean Skylark/Special?<P>Can't help with the rear end for a '63, but try Buick Farm and Hemmings Motor News if you don't get a post from this group.<P>300 motor mounts are available from NAPA, Year One and Buick Farm. NAPA was the least expensive and with luck, they'll have them in stock.<P>I've never seen finned aluminum valve covers for the 300 that didn't have 'Offenhauser' or 'Edlebrock' cast in them, and I've looked everywhere I could think of.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Guest John Chapman

Rob,<P>Thanks for the informative reply. I was never aware that this car existed. With a build total of 88, it has to be one of the rarer autos about. I think it favors the Ferrari's of the era. I'd assume this is where Buick got the name for the '73-75 X body Apollo.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

Hi John, I'm glad you found the info helpful. Would a restored Apollo be welcome at a National Buick Meet? Milt Brown told me that yes he did sell the name after he went out of business.

Guest John Chapman

Rob,<P>The BCA president routinely makes posts and can answer the question for certain, but I can't imagine that a nifty Buick-powered car like that wouldn't be welcome!<P>You can email her direct by using the 'BCA Prsesident' link at the top of the forum index page.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AnthonyHansen

I've been trying to find a '63-'65 Apollo for about 10 years now as i find them very intriguing. I was certain they were out of my price range, but I wanted to find one and see for sure. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rob phillips:<BR><B>restoring a64 apollo. would like to find a posi rear end for the 63 style skylark rear-end and the correct motor mounts for the 300 engine. also looking for finned valve covers without manuf. name.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

77 of 88 Apollos were coupes. The coupes sell anywhere from $10,000 to $35,000. If you are interested in finding one I have the name of a person who may be selling a coupe and I can put you in touch with Milt Brown, the original builder of the car, who occasionally who knows of people who have one for sale.<BR>-Rob<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AnthonyHansen:<BR><B>I've been trying to find a '63-'65 Apollo for about 10 years now as i find them very intriguing. I was certain they were out of my price range, but I wanted to find one and see for sure. <P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

[Thanks for the offer of the 67 motor mounts; however the 64 are unique to that year. I looked at some napa 64-67 replacement mounts which where different from my old mounts. One of the Buick parts co. offers a rebuilding service which I am going to try. Thanks again and if I'm not correct I hope someone will correct me.OTE]Originally posted by ByeOffiser@AOL.com:<BR><B>I got some Motor Mounts for you from My 67 buick skylark that Originally came with the 300..Dexter ByeOffiser@AOL.com </B><P>

Guest John Chapman

Rob,<P>I wonder if your mounts aren't the ones from '63 for the 215 motor. The two '64 300 Skylarks I've looked at appeared to have mounts identical to my '65s. I was able to get remanufactured mounts from NAPA for $27 each...<P>Cheers,<BR>John

Hi John, The 215 mounts that I started with measure 2" from outside bolt mounting holes. The wornout mounts [off a 300] which I sent to Classic Buick of Chino, Ca. measured about 1/2 to 3/4" wider. In comparing them to the NAPA units; the NAPA units are about 3/4" wider at this point. Any conclusions? Thanks, Rob. /

I have some 300 Valave covers without the labels, they are painted Pearl blue with the (300-2BRL) original factory logo. I can send you a pic or anyone else that's interested. I also have the original Breather for the covers, there is a chrome Edelbrock breather in place right now. Various other 300 engine parts available.<P>Thanks Dexter<BR>ByeOffiser@AOL.com

[Hi Dexter, Thanks for the note re the valve covers. I'm looking for the finned aftermarket style that was used on my Apollo.QUOTE]Originally posted by ByeOffiser@AOL.com:<BR><B>I have some 300 Valave covers without the labels, they are painted Pearl blue with the (300-2BRL) original factory logo. I can send you a pic or anyone else that's interested. I also have the original Breather for the covers, there is a chrome Edelbrock breather in place right now. Various other 300 engine parts available.<P>Thanks Dexter<BR>ByeOffiser@AOL.com</B><P>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AnthonyHansen

Maybe you can post a picture or two @ <A HREF="http://www.carpictures.com" TARGET=_blank>www.carpictures.com</A> A lot of people have no idea what this car looks like!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rob phillips:<BR><B>restoring a64 apollo. would like to find a posi rear end for the 63 style skylark rear-end and the correct motor mounts for the 300 engine. also looking for finned valve covers without manuf. name.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

• 3 weeks later...
Guest COMPACTBC

BCA member #1 had one of these cars at the Orange County Chapter's car show last October. It was a coupe and I thought it looked a little like an old Jaguar XKE coupe. It caused quite a stir and a lot of questions. I don't think anyone at the show had ever seen one before. <P>------------------<BR>