16v from No Cal It Has Arrived

Hey Folks,

When Hemi checked out that 16v for me in Hollister, Cal. We found it to be very pretty but in need of some <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> CARE. He brought it down to his shop, completely resealed the front of the engine,(the oil leaks had washed it clean) new water pump, new idler pulley, ALL belts, & a couple of bracket repairs, pulled the radiator boiled it out(it was full of crud) boiled out the complete cooling system, replaced the HEP, wires, plugs, oil, filter, Anti freeze, Turbo oil feed line, Fuel lines, accumulator, flushed brakes, brake pads, and some more stuff. He says it will now burn the tires off the front wheels. (they are 16s) It is soon coming east. As soon as I see it I'll give a more complete report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LouZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Recieved a call from the transporter. It should arrive between 9AM - Noon EDT, tomorrow(FRiday) </div></div>

I think they are pulling your leg. See, Hemi let me 'drive it around the block' and then it found its way to my house wink.gif...

Alan

OK it arrived. It came on a 10 car transporter below a RR that leaked gear oil on the back window.. All clean now.. Drove it into town to show off to the guys at the town shops.. also the mechanic that does my work..(he wanted to put it up in the air). We will do that later. It goes good. I am not used to the small amount of Turbo Lag. In my day there was much more lag before the turbo kicked in. The tires screamed off the line, screamed at 2nd gear shift, got much more than just a chirp in 3rd. didn't hear anything in 4th. I had been using Citco, & Shell. They were the last 2 holdouts here against Ethanol. I filled the TC up at Citco today and while I was Pumping I noticed THE sign "this fuel contains 10% ethanol" (oh well) Coming back from my jaunt thru Town, I went over the new ByPass Bridge about 1 mile long easily bounced the speedo at the 125mph end before I reached the crest. Car has no wiggle or slop It was rock solid. (hard top on, windows open). Been so long since I drove a "stick" that I stalled it off the only light in town. I got the full set of original wheels in boxes with the car They are REAL CHERRY. The car has 16s on it now. I'm not going to make another ceiling rack for the hardtop. I think I'll order one of those Alante type racks for $100.00 bucks on eBay. It comes with a blue cotton top cover. When I get the top off I will find out what color the soft top is. The seats are real bad. No holes but really sun dried they need a complete 3 coat Leatherique Leather treatment and redying. I think I will be lucky with the weather. Altho it is getting cool here I think I have enough heat days to treat the leather. Well that's it I'm going up to the barn to give the leather it's first coat of Rejouvenator.. Lou

Sorry Lou but I have to call BS on part of your story, No not the 3rd gear chirp, or the 125 MPH part, it'll do all that. cool.gif What I can't believe is that you can stall the 5spd TC's?? They have the worlds heaviest flywheel/clutch assembly. Me thinks they didn't want the 50ish guy who bought one for $35K+ in 89/90 to stall the thing so they added lotsa inertia inducing mass. When I had the stock flywheel, I could let the clutch out *then* give it gas and it wouldn't stall wink.gif

Glad you got it safely and Hemi worked some magic on it too smile.gif

PICS!!!

Alan

You don't want to see pics now. There is almost as much brown color showing on the seats as Bordeau. All the smooth wraps of leather in dash and doors are bubled Too much sun released the leather from the glue securing it to the panels I have to remove it all and glue it down. I may take some of that 3/16" closed cell foam we used to use to make padded tops and double glue it to make a nice stretch padded look. It will probably come out looking and feeling better than factory; but a lot of work, and a pain in the *** geting the stretch correct. Paint.. Will polish out but it has that grey haze now.. and some swirl scratches.. Clutch. I sure did. It's been 20 yrs since I drove a stick, I only drove it for 15 min. I have not yet been able to feel the clutch release point. Lou

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowancom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have fun Lou. We would love to see you and the new T/C in Ocala in 4 weeks.---Tim & Donna Cowan </div></div>

Not looking too good for my Florida trip either Tim blush.gif I've kinda wanted to visit Silver Springs ever since I read about it and any chance I get to hang out with TC's I usually jump at... Too much work travel and the boss at home pointed out that I did already go to like 9 car club meets (and the Tucson TC meet) this year already smile.gif She didn't flat out say "No" but I know what she meant smirk.gif

Alan

I had about a pint of Leatherique Rejouvenator left and it was enough to really rub in a good wet coat to all the leather in the cat except the driver door panel. Did that Parked it in the sun with the car all closed up for about 6 hours. I'll leave it there for tomorrow too. Then put it away. More stuff is ordered, will arrive during the week.