Maryland to Georgia, need tranny brought home

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

A fellow BCA member has offered to pull a three speed tranny and bellhousing from a 54 Buick for me in the Kinsington/Wheaton area of Maryland for pick up and delivery to me in Athens/Atlanta. Wheaton is just off the Beltway north of DC. (I probably shouldn't have mentioned the B word)

I thought maybe someone may be coming back through that way from Hershey and could drop it off in Athens GA or I can meet anywhere along I-85 northeast of Atlanta.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Thanks John, I've got a couple of options now and just want to take the one that is least "imposing" on anyone. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks sincerely for the offer of help.

Lamar:

Offer still stands to pick up the tranny. I would like the remains of the motor. Could the guy that is seperating the two take a couple of pictures so that I see just what is left and involved. I am taking a motor hoist with me for another purpose but if I can back up to the motor I can figure out a way to get it in the truck! I just picked up the complete 56 motor and transmission yesterday and hauled it home in my Yukon XL.

Certainly your call. There is a possibility that my son could bring the tranny down to Atlanta (Buckhead) the first full week in November. We are still planning to be down that way in late November or early Dec.

I am leaving for NYC the 22nd.

Gary

Guest imported_MrEarl

Hey Gare, yea, you're one of the options and I am just trying not to put anybody out too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up the complete 56 motor and transmission yesterday and hauled it home in my Yukon XL. </div></div>

You said you were gonna do that didn't you. That is awesome. I'm afraid to ask what your son will be driving. crazy.gifgrin.gif

The seller said there is no hurry and he won't sell it out from under me so I am in no hurry now. Nov, Dec will work fine. If gas will come on down my wife Rita and I may even visit my daughter in Raleigh, I'll drop Rita off while I head on up around the Beltway and then I would be able to pull the complete engine and maybe even the chunk out of the rear end. Problem there is the resulting mother daughter shopping spree cost would probably negate the low gas prices plus some.

Ever how all this turns out, I have several 54,5,6 engines and you're welcome to come down anytime to pick them. You'll like that 56 engine and tranny. Much more gusto. What was it out of?

Thanks for posting here as I had lost all my emails again.